|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Quality Improvement (QI) Technical Specialist (NTAP project).
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of QI Technical Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program (NTAP) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The QI Technical Specialist will be an FHI 360 employee working and placed at the NTAP office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the QI Associate Director, the QI Technical Specialist will assist with development, coordination, and implementation of related facility and community-based QI activities; monitoring consortium partner implementation of QI activities; and providing focused technical assistance as needed to government and consortium partner teams
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the position include:
· Assisting in the development, implementation, and monitoring of QI and quality assurance activities, in conjunction with MoPH and consortium partners.
· Providing technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, strategies for technical assistance and mentorship, reports, and other materials for QI capacity development.
· Ensuring project implementation adheres to organization and project strategy and remains technically sound.
· Working closely with assigned team to ensure activities and mentorship are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and national guidelines for QI and quality assurance standards.
· Assisting with the implementation of the project by monitoring and documenting technical assistance and mentorship approaches, processes, and outcomes for QI activities.
· Preparing reports and papers summarizing project results, assists with publications, web pages and presentation development, technical briefs, or other necessary documents to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures related to QI programming.
· Conducting searches of published literature and international standards on evolving issues and best practices in assigned technical area.
· Conducting analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical assistance strategy and guidelines.
· Delivering presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
· Willingness to travel to national regions for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree in health, public health, or related field; experience in QI or accreditation preferred.
· 5-8 years of technical assistance experience in QI, health quality assurance, or accreditation with at least one prior management-level position.
· Proficiency with database management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and on-line search tools required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto.
· Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
· Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with stakeholders.
· Prior work experience in a similar position within a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
· Substantial experience of developing working relations with stakeholders and beneficiaries; quality improvement or assurance experience with a development agency preferred.
· Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for primary health and nutrition activities/ projects highly desired.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply and submit their CVs/resumes and cover
letters to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
Please clearly indicate the name of the position that you are applying in the subject line of your email.
To facilitate the review, please include names and contact information for references.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be
construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal
employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that
discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.