|Date Posted:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Urban Health Initiative (UHI) - USAID:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Quality Improvement Specialist (UHI project)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position Quality Improvement Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID Urban Health Initiative (UHI) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved availability and quality of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services within urban settings of Afghanistan. The project also will work with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), the private sector, and nascent professional accreditation bodies to improve governance and quality assurance of FP/MNCH, TB, and nutrition services in urban areas.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Quality Improvement Specialist will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the UHI office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the Technical Director, the QI Specialist will manage coordination, mentorship, and implementation of health program quality improvement (QI) and quality assurance (QA) activities across all activities in the project and among the partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Managing all QI/QA activities in close coordination with the Technical Director.
· Providing technical oversight to the UHI project to implement QI/QA activities in all phases of the project and help develop, maintain, and follow the milestones set in the workplan
· Work with the MoPH to develop and advance QA and QI improvement models and strategies
· Sharing of best practices and emerging evidence in QI/QA through participation in technical meetings, networks, and conferences
· Participating in working groups to develop and advance QI/AQ policies and strategies
· Leading the development of QI/QA tools and technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, operations and mentorship plans, strategic documents, job aids) to operationalize policies, models, and strategies
· Developing and implementing supportive supervision strategies and tools to monitor QI/QA interventions.
· Collaborating with programs and stakeholders seeking to improve QI/QA in the urban health context with the goal of improving coordination and avoid gaps and overlaps.
· . Supervising capacity-building of other staff/partners associated with the project for QI/QA
· Working with the project monitoring and evaluation team to collect data on QI/QA efforts that will guide program efforts and support decision-making for program modification- when necessary.
· Work closely with other teams of the UHI project to ensure dissemination of QI/QA interventions/programs/ and models that are yielding results and providing technical assistance to promote the uptake of evidence-based approaches through the available and new platforms.
· Completing managerial and technical tasks assigned by the Technical Director
· Willingness to travel to regional urban capitals for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
· Master’s or doctoral degree in public health, health policy, or a related field; a medical doctor is preferred.
· 5-7 years of experience in relevant field.
· A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management position.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing in QA/QI efforts with health programs, with experience in urban health preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance to project/government staff working on QI/QA projects desired.
· Experience using program data to monitor programs and for program course correction.
· Able to problem solve and develop and implement corrective action as needed
Familiarity with QI/QA research and program evaluation methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto.
- Experience working with the private sector, preferred.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite required
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.