|Date Posted:||May 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Functional Area:||Project Management,Management|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||7 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarter in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international implementing partners.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the Bamyan Firing Range Clearance Project, funded by New Zealand and will be stationed in the Bamyan province. The QM inspector under the direct supervision of the project senior officer is responsible for the external quality assurance and quality control of the NZ FR sites in his/her area of responsibilities.
His/her specific duties are included but not limited to the following:
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide assistance to the project senior officer in the preparation of Quality Management Plan for firing ranges.
· Review Demining, EORE and VA operational plans of the implementing partner (IP).
· Assist the project senior officer in evaluating and tracking of the project QM plan
· Provide technical recommendations, as required, to the firing range project senior officer, project manager and the IP
· Check and verify OPS progress and completion reports of the project, based on AMAS reporting requirements.
· Attend and prepare briefing documents for mine action, including firing range related, meetings and workshops at field level.
· Conduct quality assurance of the project’s operations (land release, EORE, VA) including plans, processes, procedures, equipment and documents through field visits based on AMAS, IP’s SOP and project contract.
· Conduct QC inspection on the cleared land of the firing range progressively and post clearance QC.
· Identify and report non-conformities endangering safety of IP’s personnel or potentially leading to failure of the project to the project manager and advise on suspension of activities when needed.
· Make sure adequate community liaison is carried out by the IP by reviewing the reports and maintaining strong relationship with relevant community members.
· Participate in completed tasks hand over process.
· Undertake investigation of demining accidents under the supervision of project officer.
· Ensure that QM activity reports are provided to the project senior officer/manager in due course.
· Conduct regular analysis of project progress and provide recommendations for further improvement of operations’ quality and productivity
· Assist the project senior officer in arranging coordination meetings with the IP and other field level stakeholders.
· Undertake any other task assigned by the project senior officer/manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Bamyan
· Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration, social sciences, engineering or other relevant fields baccalaureate degree is required.
- Work Experience:
o Bachelor degree with 2 years relevant experience or baccalaureate degree with 4 years of relevant experience. In mine action technical field including external quality management.
§ Demining including NTS/TS
§ IMSMA & GIS
§ Quality Management
§ MS office (word, excel, power point, projects)
§ EOD courses (level 3l2)
Skills & Competencies:
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both Pashto and Dari is are required. Basic understanding of English is also required.
· Good understanding of Quality Management System/procedure.
· Familiarity with Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA) is an added advantage.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Proficiency in MS Office products, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Sound knowledge of, and exposure to, a range of mine action issues, including Quality Management and the Mine Action Standards.