|Date Posted:||Apr 14, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||12150 - 13120 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
MADERA is a French NGO implementing humaniterian aid programs in Afghanistan since 1988. MADERA was registered with Ministry of Economic of Afghanistan in No. 199, 1/2/2006. MADERA implements rural development projects in various fields (Agriculture, Animal Health, Forestry, Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Handicraft, Community Driven Development etc.) in 5 provinces: Wardak, Kunar, Laghman, Nuristan and Ghor. MADERAâ€™s headquarter is located in Kabul while MADERA is also represented at regional and provincial levels through several offices and sub-offices. Finally MADERA general delegation is based in France (Paris).
Operate and communicate all MADERA radio system in capital and provinces
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF MADERA RADIO AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM AND SUPPORT TO TECHNICAL DEPARTMENTS
- Implementation of radio system
- Operate radio equipment in order to communicate with all MADERA bases specially Ghor, Wardak, and other remote operations
- Turn controls or throws switches in order to activate power, adjust voice volume and modulation, and set transmitters on specified.
- Radio equipment management and follow-up
- Examine and operate new equipment prior to installation in order to ensure that it performs properly
- Review applicable regulations regarding radio communications, and report violations.
- Send, receive, and interpret coded messages.
- Set up antennas and mobile communication units all bases in to ensure clear sound.
- Communicate with receiving operators in order to exchange transmission instructions.
- Determine and obtain bearings of sources from which signals originate, using direction-finding procedures and equipment.
- Repair radio equipment as necessary, using electronic testing equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
- Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
-Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment -- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down
Information or data into separate parts.
-Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
PLANNING AND REPORTS
- Preparation of radio and communication action plans (quarterly, monthly and weekly)
- Monthly radio and communication report
* Radio Equipment inventory
â€¢ To be graduated from high school;
â€¢ To have Good general technical level in mechanics, IT, communication equipment (radio, satellite, etc
â€¢ To be familiar with radio;
â€¢ At least 2 years experience with NGO or related sectors;
â€¢ To have Team spirit and good communication skills
â€¢ Well organized, rigorous, very flexible, dedicated
â€¢ Knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto;
â€¢ Computer operating skills (Word and Excel);