|Date Posted:||May 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Sayara Media and Communication:
Sayara Media and Communication is one of Afghanistanâ€™s leading communication agency dedicated to social marketing and public information for development. We specialize in a multi-level approach to public information and awareness campaigns.
Our teams are creative, independent and dynamic, consisting of international and national staff. Our growing client list includes UN agencies, USAID, NGOs and private development and consulting companies.
Join us for a chance to do what you do best, in an environment where what you do can make a difference.
Sayara Media and Communication is currently looking for a:
Radio Producer, Scriptwriter and Editor
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Radio Editor and Producer is responsible to carry out the following tasks:
- Writing scripts for dramas, spots, teasers, articles, advertisements in collaboration with the Radio Manager;
- Editing and mixing of radio programs;
- Assisting with the rehearsals of actors prior to recording;
- Assisting the Radio Video Manager in the selection of most appropriate actors for production;
- Assisting with the recording of programs in particular dramas;
- Perform narrations for Dramas, spots and other radio programs;
- Assisting in coordination and management of radio round tables;
- Coordinating with the field staff on recording vox pops, success stories; and interviews.
- Taking care of the administration of the section such as (actorâ€™s contracts and payments, making hard and soft copies archive of the scripts etc.
1 University degree is a plus;
2 Minimum of two years experience in development of story boards, writing of scripts for radio and preferably video.
3 Experience working with digital audio recording and editing platforms, Cool edit pro, adobe audition, mini-discs and other audio equipment is a plus;
4 Experience working as part of team, and individually under tight deadlines;
5 Experience working with partner organizations, government agencies, and NGOs;
6 Understanding of social development and behavior change communication;
7 Good communication in English as well as native languages Dari or Pashto;
8 Excellent interpersonal skills
9 Good knowledge of computer and typing speed
10 Flexibility in terms of working hours
11 Willing to travel if necessary.