|Date Posted:||Jun 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The ICT department is responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining a reliable and secure ICT infrastructure within MoE central and provincial offices. Moreover, ICT department provide support in the implementation of NESPII and EQRA. In order to do so, there is a strong need of a technically skillful team including Sr.Network Specialistwho will provide the Maintain EMIS and ICT components in collaboration with team members Planning the Expansion for the connectivity till Districts and schools.
He/she will responsible for the planning design and monitoring.
Provinces to travel:
1. Skills and Competencies
a. ComplexICT network administration and skills
b. Ability to create and implement domain policy
c. The ability to utilize resources to complete tasks preceded by a defined goal or objective on budget and on time
d. Ability to train technical staff of MoE
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Duties Responsibilities Sr.Network Specialistand Required Deliverables
Senior Network Specialist position in EQRA who will be mainly focusing on Maintain the existing MOE ICT oracle storage system, which is installed in MOE HQ and other provinces.
Managing data backups and the overall execution of retention policies using Oracle Secure backup
1. Duties and Responsibility
· Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
· Monitor network performance and integrity
· Monitor effectiveness of the ICT solutions of MoE.
· Mentor team members on technical issues
· Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication, network protection, domain policy and disaster recovery)
· Communicate with users when needed
· Maintain complete technical documentation of ICT services
- Responsible for designing, specifying, and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware, software and VOIP equipment.
- Solve any problems/issues related to network hardware, server, device, and software, implementation, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establish and maintain network user’s accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
· Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Respond to needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operations of various software programs
- Research and evaluate current and new technologies
- Collect and analyze network and system performance/utilization information and maintain systems in optimal working ability
- Work closely with other staff as needed to achieve needed ICT administration and support
- Coordinate and implement infrastructure software and hardware updates on off-peak hours
- Manage MoE ICT infrastructure including Core layer, Distribution layer and Access layer, datacenters, as well as all physical office locations connected to MoE infrastructure
· Created, managed and implemented the high performance and efficient network solutions for MoE
· Built capacities of ICT civil servants in terms of all ICT solutions of MoE
· Implemented standard storage and disaster recovery systems in MoE
· Sr. Network Specialist will be reporting to ICT director
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a) Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field master’s will be preferred
b) Must have proven experience in network administration
c) Excellent knowledge of MCSE, MCITP and good knowledge of CCNA, CCNP
a) Must have 5 years of working experience with Cisco, Microsoft and Oracle and support in any Enterprise network with master’s degree and 7 years of experience with bachelor’s degree
b) leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
c) management problem-solving skills
d) Minimum 3 years management experience in the IT field, including development work and interactions with customers
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
- The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
- The Senior Network Specialistwill work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
- MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
- The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
- A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
- An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
- These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
- Contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need, and satisfactory of performance.
- Contract extension is subject to fund availability, business need, and satisfactory performance.