|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities. Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) established Central Program Management Office (CPMO) which is a permanent office to provide operational (administration, finance, procurement, reporting, technical and, monitoring and evaluation) support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL. The Project Management Unit (PMU), under the CPMO is responsible for day to day implementation of the Project including (i) overall management and coordination of the relevant outputs; (ii) guiding and overseeing the work of the regional Provincial Implementation Units (PIUs); (iii) establishment and implementation of the project performance management system. The proposed project help strengthen Afghanistan’s horticulture value chain by (i) improving processing efficiency and marketing capacity of domestic agro-business enterprises (ABEs); (ii) modernizing crop production through better planting material, trellising, modern green houses, and on-farm facilities; and (iii) contributing to the national effort in establishing internationally recognized brands of Afghan horticulture produce. It will increase value addition for horticultural commodities produced in eleven (11) provinces in Central, South, and East Afghanistan. As such, the project contribute to increasing import substitution of fresh and processed fruit and vegetables, and expanding exports of high-value fruit, vegetables, and nuts in which the country has a comparative advantage. The project is aligned with the following impact: improved agricultural productivity and food security. The project will have the following outcome: production and value addition of horticulture products increased. The two outputs are (i) horticulture value-chain infrastructure and facilities improved; and (ii) national capacity for horticulture export expansion and import substitution developed.
The position of Communication and Reporting Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the HVCDSP Project Manager or as assigned by the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the communication products are strategic, geared to the achievement of program development objectives and targets.
• Organize ongoing consultations with all relevant stakeholders to capture their views and feedback on the HVCDSP/CPMO, program implementation modalities and issues.
• Develop a workable communication strategy for the Project whereas in line with the program needs. Refine and revise the strategy from time to time as required, based on internal evaluation of the work and impact of the unit and feedback from the stakeholders.
• Plan, implement and monitor the communication strategy and action plan for all CPMO projects.
• Develop and oversee production of broadcast communication products for and on HVCDSP.
• Design and produce print communication products for HVCDSP and CPMO projects.
• Arrange, coordinate and manage the media coverage for any large and/or important HVCDSP/CPMO event/gathering/occasion.
• On a regular basis, produce outreach materials such as newsletters, press release, brochures or pamphlets with limited number of copies with updated HVCDSP/CPMO program progress information, for distribution as required.
• Coordinate printing of HVCDSP/CPMO posters and leaflets and other outreach products as required.
• Institutionalize a system of regular public and community consultations, conferences and workshops.
• Guide the HVCDSP/CPMO in carrying-out regular awareness and perception of the program effectiveness assessments
• Prepare and develop work plans and project progress reports in coordination with responsible existing units of CPMO.
• Facilitate communication and the flow of information among the staff at PMU, regional and provincial offices and internal and external partners nationwide.
• Coordinate HVCDSP/CPMO communication activities with MAIL media, website and public relations department as well as other MAIL programs, as required.
• Supervise the strategic planning of communication campaigns and ensure the coordination of the workflow between units, from research, creation and production to media/activities planning and implementation.
• On a regular basis, visit the project implementation area and prepare photographs, video shots and interview of beneficiaries.
• Develop success stories to reflect the impact of the HVCDSP/CPMO projects and share them with MAIL media department and Dehqan magazine for further circulation.
• Draft official letters (Peshnehads, Maktoob, justification letters, and approval request letters for donor’s no-objection and others as necessary).
• Set-up feedback and evaluation mechanisms to ensure that communication objectives are reached and to improve the efficiency of the communication campaigns.
• Assist the communication officer and assistant of CPMO in designing of different types of communication materials (Logos, Banners, Brochures, Pamphlets, etc..).
• Edit different types of site activities photos as per the requirement.
• Any other task assigned by the line manager.
• At least bachelor degree in communication, journalism, public relations or any other relevant areas.
• Bachelor degree holder with 5 years of work experience in mass communications, development communications, journalism, agricultural extension, promotional materials designing, marketing or related fields, and 3 years of similar experience for a Master’s degree holder.
• Practical experience in design and management of public relations, social marketing, mass media or development communications media.
• Excellent report writing and communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to use graphic designing programs such as Corel Draw, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
• Good computer skills, including competence in word processing, internet/e-mail.
• Has to be able to travel to CPMO targeted provinces.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this emails; email@example.com
Address: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
*No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *
Only selected candidates will be called for written test/Interview.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.