|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities. Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) established Central Program Management Office (CPMO) which is a permanent office to provide operational (administration, finance, procurement, reporting, technical and, monitoring and evaluation) support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL. The Project Management Unit (PMU), under the CPMO is responsible for day to day implementation of the Project including (i) overall management and coordination of the relevant outputs; (ii) guiding and overseeing the work of the regional Provincial Implementation Units (PIUs); (iii) establishment and implementation of the project performance management system. The proposed project help strengthen Afghanistan’s horticulture value chain by (i) improving processing efficiency and marketing capacity of domestic agro-business enterprises (ABEs); (ii) modernizing crop production through better planting material, trellising, modern green houses, and on-farm facilities; and (iii) contributing to the national effort in establishing internationally recognized brands of Afghan horticulture produce. It will increase value addition for horticultural commodities produced in eleven (11) provinces in Central, South, and East Afghanistan. As such, the project contribute to increasing import substitution of fresh and processed fruit and vegetables, and expanding exports of high-value fruit, vegetables, and nuts in which the country has a comparative advantage. The project is aligned with the following impact: improved agricultural productivity and food security. The project will have the following outcome: production and value addition of horticulture products increased. The two outputs are (i) horticulture value-chain infrastructure and facilities improved; and (ii) national capacity for horticulture export expansion and import substitution developed.
The social safeguard officer will be working under the direct supervision of the PM/DPM of HVCDSP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carry out a due diligence review of impacts in the field to plan and prepare LARP preparation program;
• Carry out the following surveys:
• A detailed impact measurement (DMS) survey of all affected assets including land, buildings, businesses, crops, and trees;
• A detailed census of affected people (AP) and affected households (AH);
• A socioeconomic survey detailing of the socioeconomic features of the affected population (the survey is to be at least based on a 25% sample of the affected population); and
• A valuation survey of all affected assets reflecting the replacement value of the affected assets.
• Carry out extensive public consultations with the APs;
• Set up an effective grievance mechanism to be endorsed by the relevant project executing agency and local Jirgas;
• Develop a clear scheduled action plan for the implementation of the LARP (s);
• Assist in preparing the terms of reference for the external monitoring agency (EMA);
• Draft a final implementation-ready LARP acceptable to ADB and the government;
• Assist as needed with LARP related translations, LARP reviews, government approvals and with LARP disclosure; and
• Public consultation with stakeholders and affected peoples will be carried out in accordance with SPS 2009. Complete records of public consultation, including lists of participants, will be maintained and submitted as part of the report.
• Prepare LARPs for the project in accordance with SPS, the Land Law, the Civil Code, and relevant national laws and decrees.
• Drafting Reports:
• Guide and streamline all social safeguard information in the projects reports, website information, and statements
• Draft social safeguard section for the project reports. Document project’s successes and challenge in terms of social safeguard mainstreaming as case studies to guide future project’s social safeguard related implementation.
• Keep the program updated on Afghanistan’s continually evolving laws and regulations on social safeguard.
- 4 years of relevant work experience for a Bachelor’s degree holder, and 2 years of relevant experience for a Master’s degree holder, both in the field of preferably Agriculture, Social Sciences and Public Administration;
- Understanding of social and current gender environment in Afghanistan;
- Experience in developing training materials for both male and female staff;
- Experience in drafting program documents;
- Experience working with NGOs, Afghan and international actors in Afghanistan;
Desirable: Knowledge of GOA policies and procedures and ADB guidelines
• Planning & Organizing - Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
• Communications - Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to prepare written documents/communications;
• Technology Awareness – Good computer skills using Word, Excel, and the Internet,
• Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Fluency in English (listening, reading, writing, and speaking);
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari/Pashto;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this emails; firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Jamal Mina, Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
*No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of the email. *
Only selected candidates will be called for written test/Interview.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.