|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PPG/AESD/CSOs/Re-Advertised Sr. EITI Technical Specialist for AEITI Secretariat|
|Closing Date:||Dec 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Senior EITI Technical Specialist post at the AEITI is mainly responsible for providing technical support to EITI related MoF, MoMP, State Owned Enterprises (SOEs), Private Sector Companies (Mining Companies), Civil Society organizations (CSOs), and other relevant entities of GoIRA [as required by Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) and AEITI Secretariat] to ensure that the implementing entities process are aligned in compliance with the EITI (latest) standard; the Senior EITI Technical Specialist directly reports to the National Coordinator and through him to the MSG.
Requires travel to provinces:
Able to communicate formally and efficiently in English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
Work experience in the extractive sector is desirable (5 additional marks).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain expert knowledge on EITI standard and identify requirements and global good practices for the SOEs, Mining Companies and relevant government entities to ensure the processes and functions within these entities are aligned with EITI standard and meets EITI Reporting and Validation expectations.
- Coordinate with relevant entities and assist various stakeholders, including CSOs, to develop and implement various strategies for all technical aspects of the EITI Implementation.
- Provide technical support to various stakeholders and evaluate processes, policies and procedures to ensure smooth implementation of all EITI requirements and coordinate the status with MSG, AEITI and EITI International Secretariat to ensure compliance to all EITI requirements.
- Prepare and assist relevant entities in preparation of annual progress reports for EITI implementation, work plans and EITI documents in collaboration with MSG Technical Working Groups and stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to relevant entities and oversee implementation of EITI requirements in close collaboration with MSG Finance, Communication and Validation Committees as well as AEITI Communication and Reconciliation Departments.
- Ensure implementation of all technical (EITI related) processes according to the deadlines and deliverables and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide expert knowledge on all technical aspects of the EITI implementation.
- Develop tools according to EITI standards and document all processes and methodologies and provide required training to relevant entities’ staffs.
- Analyze all of the EITI relevant processes and functions within the relevant entities and recommend various activities for all of the concerned entities to be adopted to ensure smooth EITI implementation.
- Evaluate and assess potential systems within the relevant entities by testing compatibility with the existing and new EITI standard and requirements.
- Confirm that overall objectives of EITI are abided by the relevant entities by testing new approaches that yield the required result and comply with relevant parts of EITI standard; compare adopted approaches with EITI standard and suggest modifications to the methodologies / approaches.
- Maximize use of hardware and software by the relevant entities through advising AEITI Secretariat, MSG and relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the International EITI Secretariat, to interpret EITI standard requirements and instructions; answer questions and provide clarifications to the relevant stakeholders in regards to the EITI standard requirements.
- Help the relevant entities prepare / revise templates, formats and checklists to ensure compliant with relevant EITI requirements.
- Review relevant laws, regulations, and policies of relevant entities and propose amendments to the related entities to ensure compliance with EITI requirements.
- Seek clarifications and guidance from EITI International Secretariat on the required / adapted procedure and convey the same to the relevant entities as well as assist the relevant entities to comply with the requirements.
- Respond to EITI International Secretariat, EITI Validator, and IA queries and coordinate their comments to the relevant stakeholders and MSG.
- Consult with other EITI implementing countries for innovations and methodologies in adapting procedures and methodologies to comply with the EITI standard and requirements.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions and adapted approaches and procedures within the relevant entities.
- Advise relevant entities on maintenance of critical internal procedures / functions to ensure compliance with rules and requirements of the EITI.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the MSG and the AEITI secretariat.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master Degree in economics, political science, related social sciences, law, MBA, or any other relevant field, with 5 years of relevant work experience; or Bachelor Degree in any of the above fields in with 7 years of the relevant work experience.
The mentioned experience should be in administrative, management, process / function control or advisory role.