|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is launching the Emergency Agriculture & Food Supply Project (EATS) in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Project objective is to support critical food supply chains and create short-term economic opportunities. The Project includes three components: (A) Productive agricultural water systems; (B) Critical food supply chain management; and (C) Project management. The Project will be implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and financed by grants from the International Development Association (World Bank) and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The Project design is based on the experience and knowledge acquired from several on-going or recently closed projects, including: On-Farm Water Management Project (OFWMP), National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP), Afghanistan Agricultural Improvement Project (AAIP), all three projects implemented by MAIL and Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development Project (IRDP) implemented by MEW. The Project will use a community driven development approach through the Community Development Councils (CDC) building on the experience of the Citizens Charter Afghanistan Project implemented by MRRD, among others.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) staffed with National Technical Assistance (NTA) is financed by the Project to support the national, provincial and district offices of MAIL for its implementation. The PMU is led by a Project Director based in Kabul.
Regional Manager is overall responsible for the implementation of project activities in region and provide support to regional staff for smooth implemementation of project activities with close coordination of PMU/Core team. He is also responsible for Planning, Organizing, Directing and Controlling the overall project implementation at Regional Level with close coordination of related DAIL directors.
The Regional Manager will work under direct supervision of the Project Director and Project Technical Coordinator. His performance will be evaluated by the Project Director with inputs from the Project Technical Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities of Regional Manager are:
1. Represent and promote the project at Regional level.
2. Manage the day to day activities in the Region by coordinating all the related activities among the Regional team.
3. Maintain professional working environment by considering the work, cultural and professional ethics.
4. Provide and manage all the necessary arrangement for regional staff with close coordination of core team for smooth execuation of project activities.
5. Review the performance of regional team members and take necessary actions and measures for optimal functioning of the team.
6. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with regional staff for smooth implementation of project activites.
7. Technical Review of all Regional Sub Projects Selection, Technical Survey, Design and Implementation.
8. Review and approve subproject agreements with CDCs and CDC grant agreements when applicable and ensure that the agreements have been presented and disclosed to the communities before signing.
9. Being responsible for overall quality of the Sub-Project implementation according to the contracted documents and technical specification.
10. Work closely with core team for developing regional implementation plan.
11. Carry out day to day work independently in accordance with the established policies, procedures and plan with limited supervision.
12. Close Coordination & interaction with related DAIL Directorates by updating the DAIL Directors on provincial plans and progress of the irrigation sub-project and watershed management.
13. Provide monthly & quarterly reports on project progress to the Project director & Coordintor.
14. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant stakeholders and other institutions.
15. Regulate day to day interaction, bi-weekly review meetings with the Regional team and develop bi-weekly implementation plan.
16. Developing of strategic partnership, resources and activities to enhance the impact of the project at Regional Level.
17. Conducting trainings for Regional Team and DAIL staff and developing the detailed capacity building plan.
18. Work closely with core team for on time Financial, administrative and logistical support to regional office.
19. Follow up of all procurement and contract related documents with procurement & contract management department.
20. Verify the requested amendment during implementation and coordinate them with core team.
21. Check regularly the data in M&E system to verify it is up to date and accurate.
22. Frequent field visit to irrigation sub-project and Watershed management sites to assess the quality of construction work.
23. Work closely with community for the implementation of project activities through CDCs & contractors and resolve the social conflict.
24. Base on the emergency status of the project the candidate may transfer to other region.
Any other tasks assigned by the Project Director
§ The candidate should have a degree in Civil Engineering (hydraulic, technical survey) or Agriculture Field
§ At least 6 years of working relevant experience in managerial level with master degree and 8 years with bachelor in implementation & management of agriculture and or water management programs
§ Shall have technical and managerial competence and aptitude.
§ Shall have the experience and ability to lead the regional team for effective implementation of project activities.
§ Able to work without close supervision and take initiative in his/ her own area of responsibility.
§ Experience of working with Government and World Bank financed projects is will be a plus point.
§ Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari is required.
Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.