|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
MAIL has recently developed a program which emphasis on improvement of oil crops value chain/production in the country focusing on its production, processing, increase yield, and capacitate oil crops producers to increase oil crops’ yield and oil production in the country
Monitoring and tutoring of food materials’ storing, packaging, and quality control principles and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Quality and safety control in factories from the beginning when raw materials are imported until the products are packaged and ready to be marketed.
2. Ability and expertise of design and amend the factories/machines which operate in production, processing, and packaging of industrial and oil crops in accordance with GMP standards.
3. Familiarity with the control and test methods of domestically and imported oils in terms of its chemical compounds and microbial contamination.
4. Providing recommendation and solution to enhance the quality of domestically produced edible oil.
5. Introduction of international standards for edible oil production.
6. Increase awareness and knowledge of staff and oil producers regarding the standards used in the food industry.
7. Monitoring oil crops processing factories in terms of obeying sanitation issue in preparation of raw materials and edible oil production.
8. Determining executive procedures and required measures for quality control and product safety of factories according to sanitation standards.
9. Introducing of new technology and applicable procedures for better processing of oil crops.
10. Assessing the packing and storage methods of factories products and provide solutions to improve the quality of manufactured products.
11. Develop and prepare food safety/GMP manuals and translate them to a local language.
12. Provide technical training/workshop to food industry/companies (oil crops processing) employees in term of food safety and personal hygiene issues.
13. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities.
14. Perform any other relevant duties as may be instructed by the supervisor in accordance with the laws, regulation, and goals of the organization
Ø Minimum level of education: (M.Sc. or Bachelor degrees in food industry/technology, higher degree in the mentioned field is preferred)
Ø Required Experience: (Minimum of three-years of relevant experience to the job)
Ø Familiarity with Afghan agriculture, food industry and markets
Ø Ability to conduct training and workshops.
Ø Ability to work effectively, both, independently and in a team unit
Ø Other skills (Short courses and training relevant to the job)
· Full knowledge of one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari).
· Working knowledge of English and fair capacity to write technical reports in English.
· Professional and management skills.
· Task-based computer programs knowledge (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested Afghan nationals should submit their application comprises your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post online to the below email address:
Please don’t forget to type the tittle of position (Re-announced Food Technology Expert) in Subject Line of your email. Only selected candidates will be called for examination.
Please note that Applications after the deadline will not be considered
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply