|Date Posted:||Oct 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO):
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
From the inception to-date ASMO successfully implemented multimillion Dollar projects in Afghanistan through sub-awards sponsored by USAID focusing to improve health services.
ASMO is currently working as a sub-contractor with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus/USAID project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus.
Human Resources Officer will work with and report directly to the ASMO’s Human Resource Manager. He/she is expected to assist the HR manager in all various human resources and functions which include recruitment, training and development (capacity building program), performance monitoring and management, compensation, record keeping and employee counseling.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, training & development etc.
- Proficient in MS Office and HR management database
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English as well as in local languages in both forms written and verbal
- Problem-solver, good decision-making skills and strong ethical standards
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform duties such as HR related adverts (job postings), job description review and analysis, perform support in managing and control of recruitments.
- Provide counseling and support on the HR policies and procedures.
- Create, implement and manage onboarding plans and orientation.
- Assists and support the line manage with the staff performance management and employee evaluations
- Directly responsible to manage and control allowances and documentation related to employees entitlements including all fringe benefits and update the HRM system (time trex database)
- Assist and support the line manager in calculating, executing, processing monthly payroll for all employees including daily wage workers
- Directly responsible for the management and control of employees personnel files and HR records and documentation.
- Should travel to the ASMO’s operational regions (provinces) to execute assignments.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field. Master degree of the same will be advantage.
- 5-7 years of experience as an HR officer or similar HR role previously with international, national NGO, embassies or UN agencies
- Good understanding of labor laws local or international and HR management trainings and certifications and USAID funded program experiences.
Note: This position is re-announced. Number of CVs received in responses to earlier announcement didn’t meet requirements and therefore those who applied before should not re-apply.
Interested and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Further, applications should be prepared and submitted in the manner to meet following conditions, otherwise submissions will result in disqualification.
1- Proper file name: File name (for this purpose, file name is CV and cover letter) should include the applicant’s first named followed by space then by ‘CV and cover letter’. File name in this case will appears as: Ahmad’s CV and cover letter’.
2- Format: Application (s) can be in the form of ‘word or PDF’ only.
3- Attachment: Application should contain both CV and cover letter in one file and should not include any other attachments.
4- Subject line: Subject line email should contain the job title such as: [Human Resources Officer]
5- Due date: Application received after closing date will not be considered for review.