|Date Posted:||Oct 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Based on Presidential Decree No. 11 dated April 21, 2018, the mandate for vocational education has been transferred from the Ministry of Education and Deputy Ministry of TVET to a newly established Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
TVETA’s mission is to work towards a modern, relevant, responsive, inclusive and equitable TVET system that promotes more employment of better-quality individuals, higher productivity for enterprises, and growth and development for society.
Currently TVETA administers formal TVET through three types of programs covering 71 trades, 301 schools and institutes across 34 provinces in Afghanistan. These include a two-year program at institute level covering grades 13-14; a three-year program at high school level covering grades 10-12; and a five-year integrated program covering grades 10-14.
Recently TVETA with technical support from the World Bank has carried out an institutional and functional capacity assessment and as result a comprehensive report is prepared and approved. The report has a number of key recommendations for reform in all aspects of TVET. TVET-A is committed to start the reform process based on the report findings. Thus, at action plans is being developed in a consultative process for implementation of those recommendations. To do this TEVT-A has to enhance its capacity with hiring a reform coordination advisor with financial support of ASDP-II.
Reporting directly to the Head of TVETA, the Coordinator’s responsibilities will be two folds. First, he/she will serve as a bridge between TVETA leadership and TVETA Directorates and Advisors working on the implementation of the recommendations highlighted in the TVETA Institutional Assessment report and its corresponding Action Plan. Second, he/she will drive functional integration between all relevant directorates and staff in relation to overarching issues with the implementation of the development programs/projects including ASDP II. He/she will ensure that the activities outlined in the Action Plan and development programs are undertaken in a timely manner and that compliance policies and procedures are coordinated and implemented consistently.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written; attention to detail, and ability to multi–task, stay organized.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database management
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Establish information tracking processes to monitor communication and manage progress
· Meet with the relevant TVETA technical directorates and advisors on a regular basis to follow up on the implementation of the Action Plan
· Communicate progress made and lessons learned through monthly meetings; providing a platform for all teams involved in the implementation of the Action Plan to collaborate, share and present new innovative ideas and to elevate service.
· Support the establishment of an advisory board within TVETA
· Oversee the development, management, and coordination of all development programs to ensure they operate transparently, smoothly, and efficiently.
· Submit a monthly dashboard to the Head of TVETA indicating evidence-based progress against key indicators in the development programs
· Identify the bottlenecks in the development programs including ASDP II DLIs and provide necessary support to ensure smooth implementation
· Represent TVETA in meetings with government authorities, donors and stakeholders, if and when required
· Develop, disseminate, and train staff to use tools and resources to support the pursuit of new funding opportunities, high quality management of development programs, and establishment of systems and processes to meet donor requirements.
· Conduct research on donor prospects to expand donor base and ensure sustainability of development programs; provide development expertise in positioning and planning, and proposal preparation for specific funding opportunities. As appropriate, serve as proposal coordinator, writer, budget lead or other lead role on the proposal team.
· Any other relevant task assigned by the Head of TVETA.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master’s degree in a relevant field