|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2021|
|Reference:||HR-TVET/ CapED 04|
|Closing Date:||Jul 25, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||9 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About اداره تعلیمات تخنیکی و مسلکی:
CapED’s original focus area in Afghanistan is TVET. The programme has supported the Government of Afghanistan at the upstream level, with the development of policy and monitoring tools to guide, monitor and improve the sector, and at the downstream level, with targeted support to institutions and vocational training centres (VTCs) to improve capacities for demand-driven, market-oriented TVET service delivery. Key interventions in Afghanistan to date have included (1) Strengthening the strategic focus of the TVET system through support for the development of a first sector-wide strategy for TVET; (2) Supporting the government to develop and strengthen its TVET management information system (TVET-MIS) for formal TVET, integrating both demand and supply-side data for better monitoring, evaluation and planning of TVET delivery; and (3) Improving capacities for school-level provision of non-formal TVET through a comprehensive quality review of the VTCs. The Covid-19 pandemic has posed new and unprecedented challenges to the TVET system. TVET institutions remain closed since March 2020 and more than 60,000 students in the formal TVET system have been affected by the health crisis. In response to the school closures, the TVET-Authority (TVET-A) has rapidly assessed its readiness in addressing the learning crisis and proposed a non-conventional learning approach for TVET institutions. The intervention of the CapED workplan for 2020-21 on TVET will capitalize on the key achievements on TVET to date and contribute to the implementation of the immediate response and recovery measures outlined in the TVET-A’s non-conventional learning approach for TVET institutions. Strategic areas that form the basis of intervention for 2020-21 are the further strengthening and refinement of the existing TVET-MIS in place at the TVET to move towards a more holistic, open and agile system capable of generating analytical reports based on more qualitative data for evidence-based decision making, and to improve the quality of TVET provision during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. A second area of intervention is to support the TVET in its efforts to build capacities at central, provincial and school level to develop and implement comprehensive improvement plans for all formal TVET institutions based on relevant resources, guidelines and templates.
This assignment involves establishing and fostering effective coordination amongst relevant parties to ensure timely implementation of Capacity Development for Education Project (CapED) with the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVET-A).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide technical assistance/ advise to General Directorate of Plan and Strategic Coordination towards effective implementation of CapED Project on TVET School Planning Improvement Activities; including:
o Support the international consultant to develop the national toolbox on TVET school improvement planning and lead the translation of the national toolbox;
o Assist with the development of syllabus and training materials for short leadership training courses and lead the translation of the training resources into local languages;
o Coordinate and organize the leadership training workshops and visits to schools for assessment;
o Coordinate and review TVET school assessment reports and improvement plans;
o Monitor and oversee the implementation of the TVET school improvement plans.
· Technical assistance to establishing/ maintaining effective coordination mechanisms, for better implementation of TVET strategic plan and annual operational plan;
· Coordinate and closely follow up of the CapED project on TVET School Planning Improvement Activities and Enhancement of Management Information System, with different stakeholders, relevant departments both at central and provincial level;
· Finalize and assist in implementation of an Action Plan for the project. Variety of activities that will compile the mentioned plan of action should address different segments of audience and fully cover the wide spectrum of sphere of interaction, such as social media, production of visual printed and video material, etc;
· Work closely with CapED Project international consultant and facilitate data collection on the relevant fields, to support school planning improvement activities;
· Provides technical support in developing procedures required for implementing the project in line with the applicable legal framework;
· Provide administrative support to the plan and strategic policy department on coordinating, leading and monitoring of the technical processes of the relevant assignments;
· Actively involve in organizing and coordinating forums and TVET School planning exercises at national and sub-national levels and play active role in capacity building initiatives on planning;
· Participate in TVET school planning improvement taskforces formed in the course of the CapED project;
· Prepare different reports on implementation of CapED Project, as and when required by the relevant authorities, key stakeholders and/ or the donor;
· Any other task given by line manager as applicable to the position’s scope of services.
· Detailed Project Action Plan (within 3 weeks of start of assignment) including M&E plan for tracking project activities;
· Final consultancy report (at the end of the tenure);
· Translated national toolbox for school improvement planning;
· Translated leadership training materials;
· Finalized school assessment reports;
· Finalized school improvement plans.
a. Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, social sciences, journalism, or other related.
· Minimum 7 years’ Experience in planning and policy development related fields preferably at International organizations.
· Demonstrated experience in reports writing;
· Proven record of working on issues related to environment protection will be an asset;
· Experience of communication with stakeholders (media);
· Experience of working in multicultural environments.
b. Skills and Abilities
· Proven leadership ability and a team player.
· Must be an Afghan National.
· Excellent computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet
· Fluency in one of the local languages (Pashto/Dari) and familiarity (written and spoken) with English language
· Good planning skills
· Willingness and ability to travel to the provinces in Afghanistan based on requirements.
· Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.