|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 24, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends.
In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Afghanistan is a disaster-prone country with numerous recurrent natural and man-made disasters. The protracted complex emergency and prevailing insecurities negatively affects more than 50% of the country’s preparedness and coping capacities, thus increasing the vulnerability and impacted communities’ resilience. Hence the all-hazard emergency risk reduction, preparedness and response approach should be in place and operational to reduce the morbidity, mortality, and disability due to such emergencies especially among vulnerable population. COVID-19 transmission also challenged the health system response and affected the routing health services delivery.
The overall objective of Program is the support to the Ministry of Public Health for the strengthening of its role of steward of the Afghan public health system in various fields. The main purpose of this program is to provide technical assistance to Afghanistan public hospital sector and related departments to enable them to develop sound policies, strategies and operational plans and oversee their implementation in the management of hospital and hospital emergency preparedness planning.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
• Enhance the preparedness level of the hospitals/HFs in high-risk area to properly respond to emergencies.
• Improve the skill of HCWs in trauma care through trainings, simulation exercises and exposure visits.
• Advocate for establishment of the trauma service delivery system at the national level
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision GDCM, and over all guidance of Team leader health Emergency-WHO, Afghanistan:
1. Review the current available policies procedure related to hospital administration and emergencies response.
2. Lead and coordinate the MCM project planning design and implementation along with the WHE team.
3. Responsible for implementation of the planned activities of WHE for trauma care.
4. Plan, facilitate and monitor the Mass Casualty Planning for HFs located in high risk areas
5. Plan and support implementation of simulation exercises in related province where needed.
6. Planning for structured support for capacity building addressing management aspect of
1. the hospital for trauma care which should be emphasized more on the benefit of on job technical assistances.
7. Supporting the hospital information by strengthening the data collection system, HMIS
2. data analysis, presentation and extracting the actions points.
3. Follow up with HMIS officer and TCS Focal Points of FCs on timely submission of monthly beneficiary reporting.
8. Active support and participation in EPHS policy revision and to include trauma care in EPHS.
4. Assist in monitoring and evaluation of WHO supported TCS interventions at national and provincial level.
5. Conduct periodic assessment on the needs for TCS in high-risk areas/upgrading TCS.
6. Coordination and communication
7. Promote trauma care agenda to EPR, PHCC and Health Cluster coordination
8. Strengthening internal coordination of hospital units to smoothly cope during emergencies.
9. Coordinate and if necessary, facilitate the relevant training activities e.g., trauma care training for surgeons, basic life support (BLS) and triage training.
10. Submit all the mission reports and M&E reports to the program manager.
11. Any other relevant task assigned by supervisor.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and working knowledge of national languages.
• Knowledge of the Afghanistan Health System with focus on hospital services
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Teamwork
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
• Five or more years of health organization management experience in hospital management in emergency.
• Travel to the provinces and district when and while required.
• University degree in medicine, Master of Public Health, post graduate qualification in Hospital management.
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local languages.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Screening of the candidates.
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.