|Date Posted:||Jun 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Holding Group - FSSP Project:
Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) has been providing an outstanding and satisfactory turn-key business services to over 220 international companies in Afghanistan since 2009. AHG employs over 200 full-time and highly qualified Afghans to produce tailor-made professional services to its clients across the country.
Global Affairs Canada, the Government of Canada’s department responsible for Canada’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) programming in Afghanistan, has contracted Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) to implement the Field Support Services Project (FSSP). The FSSP aims to enhance the delivery of Canada’s ODA in Afghanistan and includes, but is not limited to, support for administrative, financial, logistics, procurement of goods and services and providing technical expertise as well as support to Local Development Initiatives and services on an as required basis. Canada’s commitment to Afghanistan for the period 2018 to 2020 is CAD270 million for programming related to women and girls’ rights and empowerment, health, education, and linking relief and recovery to development. Canada also provides separate financial aid to support Afghanistan’s security sector.
The Gender Equality Technical Specialist will be responsible for bringing local knowledge and expertise on gender equality and the rights and empowerment of women and girls to inform the planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of Global Affairs Canada’s development projects in Afghanistan in order to contribute to the success of Global Affairs Canada’s projects and programs.
Within the first two weeks of being contracted, the Gender Equality Specialist, in consultation with the Global Affairs Canada Health, Education, and Linking Relief and Recovery to Development (LRRD) Teams personnel will develop a work plan for her services. The work plan will be reviewed and approved by the FSSP Project Manager and Global Affairs Canada’s designated counterpart based at the Embassy of Canada in Afghanistan. The work plan will be updated on a monthly basis according to priorities established by the Global Affairs Canada (Canadian Embassy and HQ-based) Health, Education, and LRRD Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- For Details please visit our site using the link below, or click on the apply button.
- Link: https://bit.ly/2qEyIq4
- Minimum Bachelors in social science related discipline and three years’ work on gender or human rights issues;
- Experience/knowledge of Government of Afghanistan policies related to National Action Plan 1325 (NAP 1325), Women’s Economic Empowerment in the light of National Priority Program (WEE-NPP), EVAW Law, Anti-Harassment Law, Provisions of VAW in Penal Code, Citizen’s Charter, National Action Plan for the Women of Afghanistan (NAPWA);
- Experience/knowledge of International Community (donor) Health, Education, and LRRD sectors-related policies and programs in Afghanistan;
- Experience/knowledge of Government of Canada’s international development assistance policies and Health, Education, and LRRD sectors programs in Afghanistan will be an asset;
- Capacity to design and deliver training workshops;
- Experience and capacity in collecting the raw data from the field and draft quality reports in English;
- Flexibility to attend meetings and/or events on short-notice; and
- Being fluent in English and, ideally, one of the local languages, Dari and/or Pashtu; working knowledge of French will be an asset.
The incumbent should:
- Have good communication skills in English (writing reports and briefings notes, oral presentations, speaking at meetings);
- Have good analytical, management, financial, logistics (arranging meetings, visits), people management skills (interacting with senior officials – Afghan, Canadian, other foreign representatives, as well as peers within the FSSP);
- Have strong working knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Be willing to work extra hours or during statutory holidays, if required;
- Have the ability to work independently, be detail oriented, creative and a self-starter; and
- Have sufficient knowledge of Afghan culture and local contexts.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply for this position please click https://bit.ly/2Yc4GZ9 and follow the instructions accordingly or click on the apply button above.
If you faced any problems opening the link, please copy/paste https://bit.ly/3ehE9iw in your browser and apply through AHG application system.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. AHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.