|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Reference:||MTN HR 17-Oct-2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 28, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Accountable for working under the general direction of the Head of Risk and Compliance to establish and implement adaptable Risk Management standards, frameworks and solutions for the OpCo in line with Group frameworks, policies and procedures, in response to current and future Risk Management landscapes.
The primary purpose of the job is to effectively identify, evaluate, manage, introduce defensive safeguards and monitor the performance thereof against all variations of potential risk exposures, both of an internal or external nature (Strategic, Operational, Compliance, Liquidity, Product and Market, Political, Economic, Reputation etc.).
Collaborate with the OpCo leadership team to ensure that risks are identified and managed to support and protect the strategic vision of the company, by proactively managing and balancing all risk levels.
Contribute to the facilitation of the organisation’s risk appetite definition and tolerance levels. Implement the overarching Group Risk Management Framework (including Business Continuity (BCM), Crisis Management (CRM) and Insurance) that supports specific lines of business, with the Risk Management team.
Implement a comprehensive Risk Management programme, supported by an established set of policies and procedures that govern risk management approaches and provide clear channels of transparent, timely communication to OpCo Executive management.
The role is also responsible for ensuring that ethics is part of the identity of the Opco through the implementation of ethics governance and to drive ethics training in collaboration with Learning & Development in the Opco.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Manager: Risk Management and Ethics role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Collaborate with the Group Risk and Compliance in establishing and quantifying MTN Afghanistan’s risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk MTN can accept, risk bearing capacity and risk tolerances
- Lead the introduction of a robust, comprehensive risk management model/framework in all areas of the business (ERM, BCM, CRM Insurance etc.)
- Collaborate in building and entrenching a risk-aware culture, by formulating Risk Management education content and arranging appropriate briefings and trainings
- Implement Group Risk Management strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures in line with the overarching business goals and ensure that MTN Afghanistan maintains and improves its Risk Management leadership positioning and reputation
- Oversee risk assessments, evaluation of risks and mitigation of risks and ownership in all business units. Support the business to implement effective risk registers that will enable the development and maintenance of the MTN Afghanistan risk register.
- Identify, consolidate and report anomalies, common and future potential risks.
- Regularly liaise with Executive Management and CEO on various risk matters especially tracking, ownership and mitigation of risk items identified
- Ensure accurate updating of risk items identified on risk management system
- Define the standards and set targets for performance across various activities and identify the parameters for measurement of performance
Set up / participate in adhoc and operational meetings
Report at process and functional level
- Review and identify key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions
- Ensure implementation of the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy; furthermore:
Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery.
Escalate issues in line with the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy
Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high to achieve high performance areas
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity
- Actively ensure the identification of risks associated with existing or new processes and take measures to introduce adequate controls within the operational business processes
- Provide feedback on any challenges to the Executive to facilitate continuous improvement and mitigate risks
- Ensure that ethics is part of the identity of MTN Afghanistan through the implementation of ethics governance, management and culture change strategy and ongoing ethics training to support the ethics strategy
- Ensure insurance programme is properly coordinated to ensure critical assets in the operation have adequate insurance coverage and is backed by effective insurance claim processes to support the MTN Afghanistan strategy and ultimately MTN’s overall strategic vision in the business
- Drive the implementation of the Group BCM Framework that addresses various risk considerations that are present relating to Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Security, across different lines of business in MTN Afghanistan
- Ensure provision is made for effective and timely responses, resumptions, recoveries and restorations of MTN’s operations and business activities through well-defined and tested business continuity plans
- Attend the Ethics Management programme status meetings and ethics related steering committees and cross functional teams.
- Report on the status of the ethics programme in MTN Afghanistan including any transgressions.
- Development of Risk Management strategies, road maps and risk appetite for MTN Afghanistan
- Risk Identification and Prioritisation
- Quantitative and Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Monitoring and Resolution Options
- Establishment of Risk Registers and Risk Management tools
- Quality assurance over the Risk Management processes
- Risk Reporting to various governance levels (Ethics, BCM, ERM, CRM Insurance)
- Timely Risk Escalations and Acceptance
- Extent of effectiveness of risk controls implemented
- Ethics reports.
- Active support from the Audit and Risk Committee and Executive Management
- Deep understanding of the MTN business strategy
- Understanding of the respective MTN technology and business contexts and the risks associated with these
- Intra-functional collaborations with Compliance, Revenue Assurance, Information Security and Internal Audit
- Alignment of Company-wide risk management initiatives
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Risk Management/Operational Management/Business/Finance
- Professional qualification in Risk Management is advantageous (CRMA, PRM, CRISC)
- English (as Mandatory)
- Attention to Detail
- Business Activity Benchmarking/Survey
- Business Performance Management
- Business Risk Management
- Decision making
- Feedback and Coaching
- Financial Acumen
- Performance Appraisal
- Planning and Budgeting
- Problem Solving
- Project planning and control
- Resource Management
- Stakeholder relations management
- Strategic thinking
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Oct 28, 2020.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).