|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 9, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing, Media, Journalism|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||2 weeks|
Lapis is a full-service strategic communications agency, headquartered in United Arab Emirates with reach across Middle East, North Africa and Asia. Lapis is part of Moby Group which is established in 2004. Moby Group has advanced the media industry in a number of emerging and frontier markets extending from Central Asia to Middle East and beyond. Moby Group employs over 1000 professionals to deliver its content-driven audience building strategy across 17 businesses and 7 markets, reaching over 450 million people through its activities in broadcasting, productions, publishing, sports and research.
We utilize our extensive resources in media and broadcast, our global network of influencers and thematic experts, and practitioners in international development and marketing communications. Lapis with over ten years of experience in the country, has the biggest communications platform with broad experience of working with different institutions inside and outside Afghanistan. Lapis has implemented communication projects of different size and scope in the fields of development, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and etc. Its thematic expertise in the field of communications is civil society development, countering violent extremism, economic development, elections, gender equality, governance, migration, peacebuilding and humanitarian crises.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with the passion, intellectual insight, and business acumen to help us grow and deepen our impact. The Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to build an audience and ensure customer engagement. The Specialist may also monitor site metrics, respond to reader comments, and oversee creative design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity.
• Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
• Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
• Preparing reports on social media marketing efforts.
• Suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
• Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media.
• Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
• Create and implement a social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
• Perform other related duties.
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Literature, Arts, Economics, or Public Policy
• At least two years of experience
• Proven working experience in the social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
• Fluency in Dari and Pashto
• Computer literacy (Ms. Office)