|Date Posted:||Sep 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Customer Service|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan.
Provide reception services for the unit, which includes communicating messages to supervisors/ physicians, other staff of unit, and clerical functions involved in delivery of patient care.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Basic computer skills/courses
· Job relevant courses such as service excellence, telephone courtesy etc.
· Demonstrate caring and helpful attitude at all times while dealing with patient / families and co-workers.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari or Pashtu and ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
1. Answer phone calls promptly at the reception and response appropriately and deliver messages as required.
2. Attend patient concerns promptly and inform the nurse in order to facilitate quick response to patients.
3. Demonstrate efficiency in skills while giving rush calls.
4. Communicate messages promptly and accurately to concerned physicians/nurses in order to help in the maintenance of smooth organization of patient care.
5. Utilize communication devices e.g. telephone correctly and ensure that these are used for official purposes only.
6. Notify physician and team leader/HN of all admissions.
7. Coordinate with cleaners for maintenance of cleanliness in the unit.
8. Notify any unusual observations in the unit to head nurse /team leader, safety and security department.
9. Update daily census statistics of patients transfer in/ out, admissions and discharges in computer to liaise with admission office.
10. File accurately all diagnostic reports in patients’ files chronologically, in order to maintain the file update.
11. Maintain and update records of admission, discharges and transfers in log for ready access.
12. Maintain and update deaths and forward to medical records immediately.
13. Document all appointments given to discharge patients in the system. (related to below highlighted point).
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
12th Class graduated