|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The Recovery and Special Assets Management function is critical to prudently managing the bank’s non-performing loan (NPL) accounts; the incumbent of the position is responsible for effective management of the field recovery staff on collection of past due accounts that are assigned to the recovery unit.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting, financial statement analysis, cash flow, and dealership operations
- Knowledge of financial and legal processes of all aspects of commercial lending to business and consumers.
- Good knowledge of Secured Transaction Law on Movable property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge of Law on Mortgage of Immovable Property in banking transaction.
- Good knowledge (or willingness to learn) of the DAB and Basle Committee rules and regulations pertaining to prudential risk management.
- Understanding of legal remedies available in loan default scenarios.
- Prior experience working effectively with outside counsel/party.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external parties under difficult circumstances
- Knowledge of banking principles, policies and procedures
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, managing time and resources.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs specially in Excel.
- Very good command in spoken and written English.
- Excellent analytical thinking and attention to details and strong written communication skills.
- Can-do attitude, good organizer with self-planning skills with strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Independent mindset, able to draw conclusions and communicate his/her concerns in a clear and concise manner to the management.
- Good communication and reporting / presentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate procedures and tools for effective management of the NPL accounts.
- Manage the recovery team and internal/external resources required for recovery of NPL accounts.
- Develop appropriate, balanced, and actionable plans to mitigate risk and communicate plans to recovery team.
- Ensure that all notices to the customer, guarantor and collateral owner are timely issued by the recovery team and the follow up call/visits are done consequently.
- Monitoring and controlling all NPL accounts and ensuring that NPL accounts are followed up for the recovery and turning accounts to
- Regularly review the MF and SME NPL accounts, and ensure that NPL accounts are maintained based on DAB’s asset classification and provisioning regulation.
- Coordinate information flow between Recovery, Finance, MF, SME, Special Assets Management team and legal counsel as needed to effectively manage NPL accounts.
- Closely work with the recovery team and clients to resolve loans that have been assigned to the Recovery.
- Responsible for restructuring of NPL accounts and the subsequent monitoring.
- Analyze financial condition and the credit status of borrowers and guarantors to evaluate cash flows and the borrower’s/guarantor’s ability to repay the loan under current or modified repayment plans.
- Act as a liaison and building good relationship with local authorities (police office and civilian rights directorate).
- Provides technical advice and assistance to business unit regarding the early identification and evaluation of deteriorating loan situations in order to minimize losses and maximize recoveries.
- Ensure proper and complete filing of NPL accounts are maintained by the support recovery officer.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, customer’s rights protection circular and other appropriate compliance measures in handling of NPL accounts.
- Ensure timely reporting to senior management on exposure and potential losses, reserve amounts, and asset classification changes.
- Expected to extend assistance to the SAM team for resolution of cases by way of recovery in any possible manner.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The position requires bachelor degree in Business administration with over 5 years of work experience as branch manager, recovery manager, collection manager or portfolio manager; preference will be given to candidates with experience in collection or recovery manager with a bank.
The ideal jobholder shall possess
- Minimum 5 years of retail/commercial banking experience including strong special assets/workout experience.