|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of Refugee and Cultural Affairs Advisor is to ensure coordination between governmental entities aiming at identifying and eradicating national and refugees’ obstacles through developments of relevant policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Develop monthly, quarterly and annual plan in comply with general plan to achieve strategic goals related to refugees and cultural affairs of National Security Council;
2. Identify cultural related problems and obstacles of cultural centers, refugees, and returnees and provide consultation in regards to proper solutions of such problems and obstacles;
3. Conduct evaluation of cultural status of different ethnic groups of the country particularly refugees for the purpose to ensure national unity and provide accurate reports to the management of National Security Council;
4. Provide consultation and recommend comprehensive reformative programs to the management of National Security Council aiming to enhance cultural status of refugees and the country in general;
5. Ensure and enhance coordination in between line governmental entities to address problems related to refugees around the country and accomplish cultural programs and objectives of the office;
6. Identify, research, and scrutinize issues that threaten national and refugees’ security from cultural perspective and provide professional recommendations to the management of National Security Council in consideration of relevant experts consultation;
7. Accumulate information and assist Directorate of Cultural Affairs to draft national cultural strategy that would encompass mechanisms to approach problems that refugees face from cultural perspective;
8. Scrutinize and analyze concepts and issues related to cultural sector of refugees and the country in general within the national security context;
9. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
10. Conduct performance appraisal for all their staff according to the requirements of the civil service law and with coordination of the HR directorate;
11. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
12. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
13. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Refugee and Cultural Affairs Advisor would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in a related discipline or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years relevant work experience particularly with security or defensive governmental entities;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.