|Date Posted:||Jun 19, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 29, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About RIZ Strategy Consulting:
It is a consulting company
The principal scope of work of the REOC Manager is to manage and coordinate the implementation of the National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP) and communication strategy and action plan at the regional level in close collaboration and cooperation with the partners, and the provincial public health team.
The regional EOC Manager will be responsible and held accountable for the smooth functioning of the Regional EOC including chairing EOC Daily meetings and ensuring timely dissemination of information and minutes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Engage with the technical partners throughout the processes of respective program formulation, planning, and preparation of work plans using sound technical approaches within the EOC functional framework.
2. Provide programmatic and operational overview throughout all stages of PEI programming processes to ensure accountability and transparency of initiatives and resources.
3. Lead implementation of all PEI activities in southern regions under the direct guidance of the National EOC and in line with National Emergency Action Plan.
4. Regional EOC manager should ensure that constructive coordination is in place among partners at regional, provincial, and district levels and undertake day-to-day liaison with PEI Partners to support the optimal functioning of regional EOC.
5. Maintain supportive engagement on PEI with line departments and Non-government supportive organizations to ensure partnership coherence, collaboration, cooperation, and harmonization of programming, common approaches, and PEI operations. Manage partner relationships by building strong long-term relationships that deliver value to EOC functioning for polio eradication.
6. Represent the Southern Region EOC and participate in organizational, national, and international level events to contribute to strategic discussions on polio eradication issues.
7. Lead the EOC preparation for and participate in meetings/events and periodic reviews at the regional, provincial, and national levels.
8. Support the building and strengthening of strategic partnerships with governmental offices, national stakeholders, and academic institutions to advocate for the eradication of polio from the region.
9. Ensure the implementation of a multi-platform PEI communication plan to set the locally appropriate standards and messaging for all partners and organizations engaged in PEI Afghanistan.
· Ability to move to all areas of the province and Kabul for meetings
· Ability to negotiate access and effective communication on PEI-relevant issues/activities
· Strong communication, teamwork, and analytical skills
· Minimum qualification is MD with at least 4 years of relevant technical and managerial experience or MPH with at least 3 years of experience with MoPH, NGOs, and international agencies/UN organizations. Experience in the polio program is an asset.
. Ability to work under pressure and high workload, work for long hours and weekends, especially during important activities such as conferences/meetings, vaccination campaigns, and other activities of special importance.