|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 6 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for: a) Provide leadership to the regional team and the branch managers in achieving the objectives of the bank; b) Ensure achievement of the targets set for the region and branches; c) Ensure compliance of the policies and procedures of the bank in the branches through regular monitoring and follow-up; d) Safeguard the assets and interests of the bank in the region and e) Create and maintain good relationship with various stakeholders (i.e. government authorities, AKDN agencies, NGOs and the communities).
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to manage staff in a challenging commercial environment, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, a good understanding of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the regional team and branches in achieving the objectives and targets set for the region and branches.
- Ensure that the branches under his supervision fully comply with all the policies and procedures covering credit, financial and human resources of the bank.
- Follow up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs sometimes the Branch Loan Committee.
- Developing staff capacity through ongoing need-assessment and support to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
- Follow up of the recovery plan at regional level in coordination with the Recovery Unit Manager at MF Dept.
- Update of the market situation, particularly, competitors to MF Dept. and Branches.
- Scale up outreach of the bank’s operations within the region, in accordance with the approved budget while ensuring the quality of the portfolio.
- Facilitate development of annual budget and implementation plans in consultation with the Microfinance department.
- Ensure submission of consolidated monthly financial and operational reports and supporting information to the bank in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate system of internal controls and procedures are maintained to ensure safeguard of the bank’s activities, operations, assets and data.
- Facilitate in annual and ad hoc external audit, ensure all required information, workings and schedules are provided to external auditors in a timely manner.
- Facilitate in internal audit procedures to ensure integrity of operations and data.
- Review and sign on behalf of the bank all agreements and contracts that require current and future use of the bank’s assets within the region.
- Conduct periodic and regular visits to various branches and sub-branches to provide management and operational oversight.
- Ensure various planned business, operational and management targets are achieved in timely manner.
- Facilitate consultants and/or donor visits to ensure all required information and reports are provided in timely manner.
- Develop and coordinate linkages between the bank and various stakeholders i.e. government authorities, AKDN agencies, donors and the communities.
- Liable for all branch fixed assets in terms of in placing their adequate and update inventory, being utilized properly and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
- Academic background in economics or sciences.
- At least 6 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 3 years of it is serving a managerial role.