|Date Posted:||Aug 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Regional Manager will manage FINCA – Afghanistan Regional Office and implements established policies, procedures, and internal controls for the loan portfolio and operating accounts. He or she will directly supervise the Regional Accountants, Branch Managers and Administration and Logistics Officers and will ensure that all front and back offices and support personnel accurately implement FINCA Afghanistan policies and procedures. The Regional Manager will ensure that all required operational and financial reports are produced and submitted on time. The Regional Manager will also be responsible to assist in budget preparation and financial management. He or she will provide support in other areas, including institutional development of the regional branch offices.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team.
- Team-leadership skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated capacity to set priorities in a highly pressured environment.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft-office).
- Strong report writing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
General Management 40%
- Day to day management of the regional office and oversee operations of branch offices operating in the region.
- Produce strategic and operational plans for the regional operations.
- Assist in completion of business plans for expansion into new regions.
- Supervise heads of department including Branch Managers, branch managers, regional accountant and Administration and Logistics Officers.
- Represent FINCA in the region and build relations with relevant national and international agencies and the local government.
- Management of information both financial and operational.
- Prepare briefs and host donors to FINCA regional office.
- As a member of FINCA – Afghanistan national management committee, recommend new polices and procedures and work closely with the rest of the committee members to review and change policies and procedures in order to improve operations on regular basis.
- Promote a culture of courteous and efficient service, and of facilitation, within the regional office.
- Undertake other management, policy and analytical tasks as required by the Chief Operating Officer/Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Country Director.
Financial Management 15%
- Oversee finance and accounting across all branches and relevant regional office.
- Ensure back office operates as a service provider to the Credit Department, Management, and HR and Administration.
- Supervise Regional Accountants and regional auditors.
- Oversee ongoing implementation of the MIS, management information system in the regional and branch offices.
- Prepare for and host internal and external audits as required.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets for regional operations, and monitor performance and variances against the budgets.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for new programs and grants, as required.
- Prepare regional cash-flow forecasts on an ongoing basis.
Internal Control – 15 %
- Control cash-flows, safeguarding FINCA Afghanistan’s resources and promoting efficiency in their use.
- Implement the system of internal controls and ensure a high standard of internal control. Respond to internal audit recommendations accordingly.
- Make sure monthly financial reports, including financial statements, and other reports according to established format and deadlines are prepared and submitted to the HQ. Conduct month-end closings, including bank and cash reconciliations.
- Ensure timely preparation and accuracy of the required financial and statistical reports to donors, the government, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of grant compliance regulations for key donors and ensure that FINCA Afghanistan is in compliance at all times.
Institutional development – 10 %
- Assess the training requirements of the regional personnel and develop a capacity building plan in consultation with the HR Manager.
- Ensure that the staff capacity building plan is executed.
- Support other institutional development efforts of FINCA Afghanistan, including the ongoing development of employee incentive systems, benefit programs, remuneration schedules, and others as necessary.
The Regional Manager will perform other tasks not listed in this Job Description but are reasonably associated to the position. The Regional Manager must show initiative and complete all tasks given by her/his supervisor promptly and to the standard expected. The Regional Manager can draw on the support and advice of her/his supervisor and colleagues but is nonetheless ultimately responsible for completing the above tasks without being asked. The Regional Manager must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked. The Regional Manager must do his/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by his/her supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz, Badakhshan, Takhar, Baghlan
- Qualifications in economics, management, or development studies.
- Excellent working knowledge of English language