|Date Posted:||Jan 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The ROA is responsible for providing general clerical and office support to managers and program staff including translations; entering financial transactions to the cash books and ensuring the efficient management of the facilities including office and guest house.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ROA will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner:
1. Coordinate travel plans - logistic support for the ANSO team including reserving accommodations in Mazar and the provinces.
2. Provide orientation on DWHH/ANSO policies and procedures for each new team member upon arrival.
3. Procure domestic airline tickets, visas as well as other related Documents when requested.
4. Purchasing the basic office supplies, phone cards, utilities and equipment for the office and guest house.
5. Make the necessary arrangements for meetings, training sessions, conferences and other functions.
6. Provide other support to the ANSO team including, the preparation of documents, presentations, and reports, copying and filing.
8. Prepare the monthly national staff payroll for Mazar.
7. Make payments to suppliers and staff.
9. Make daily entries of cash payments and receipts into the cashbooks.
10. Prepare monthly cash forecast to be submitted to the Admin Coordinator in Kabul in a timely manner.
11. Perform banking duties as may be required.
12. Submit monthly financial reports including original support documents to the Kabul Finance Manager in a timely manner.
13. Supervise and schedule duties of Communications staff, Guards, Drivers, Cook and Cleaner
14. Maintain updated files of contracts and taxes (staff, rentals,) and submit original copies to the Admin/Fin Manager in Kabul.
16. Ensure adherence to ECHO and DWHH policies and procedures in the procurement of goods and services (bids, quotes, authorization limits).
The ROA will report to and be under the direct supervision of the Admin Coordinator and works closely with the Regional Security Advisor.
Qualifications 1. Minimum 2 or 3 years experience as an Administration and Finance Officer for international organizations, international non-governmental organizations or equivalent experience with UN Agencies.
2. Education - High school graduated.
3. Language â€“ fluent in speaking, reading, writing proficiency in English, Dari and/or Pashto.
4. Computer Skills - Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
5. Basic understanding of accounting.
6. Other Criteria - Professional appearance and friendly demeanor.