|Date Posted:||Jun 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 25, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade EAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
To support AKF’s Community Development department towards facilitating the growth and development of the (LNGO) by implementing the AGECS-Sub-project, extending needs based technical support to partner organization, play oversight, monitoring role in project, and grant management on behalf of the CD department in Takhar Region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Closely follow up with the partner LNGO on project implementation progress and provide regular guidance to the organization.
• Regular monitoring of LNGOs activities and provide the technical inputs and report work progress CSG Regional Manager, Civil Society manager-NPO.
• Track the AGECS sub-project progress against AIS, PMF, and share feedback with LNGOs against any deviation from the plan.
• Regular visit the established centers, (Tailoring, Baloch Doze, and pickle-making) handicraft at districts level to make sure right selection of beneficiaries, attendance, and quality control.
• Support regional and NPO MERL while conducting baseline, endline surveys, monitoring visits, and in collecting, assessing, and analyzing information from the project areas.
• Prepare timely Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reports for donors and internal purpose.
• Responsible for controlling and budget spending of LNOGs regularly to ensure AKF and donor compliance in terms of transparency and accountability. Report any mismanagement, Untransparent financial transaction if observed to regional CSG manager and Civil Society Manager at NPO.
• Liaise and network with partner agencies and provincial departments at the provincial level if applicable.
• Take up other need-based roles and responsibilities when required.
• Attending meetings at regional level and NPO level when required.
• Closely follow up the partner LNGOs organizational development progress and regular Mentor and guide the organization to ensure the planned trainings are conducted on time, and the required changes are reflected at organizational level. Such as HR, Gender, Finance, Safeguarding, Procurement policies are improved and developed. QuickBooks is installed, functional and the LNGO produce electronic financial reports.
• To carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
• To report any suspicions or actual violations of the Safeguarding Policy and and/or Child Safeguarding Policy as per the given training.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Making decisions at the technical /operational level implementation of CS related activities under supervision of CS, G & SPM.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in laws and Political Science, language and literature, Conflict Studies, Organizational Development, or similar degree.
• Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Leadership and Management Skills.
• At least 3-5 years’ work experience in related field, monitoring and evaluation, project management, with national and international organizations.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Report Writing Skills in English must be and one of National/Local Languages (Dari or Pashto).
• Excellent social reputation with different segments of the society.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Attention to details.
• Writing, Reading and Accurate Listening Skills.
• Management, Leadership & Communication skill.
• Good Interpersonal skills.