|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About National Statistics and Information Authority:
Background National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) was established in year 1351 as an independent governmental administration to create an integrated scientific system for statistics, ensuring harmonization and coordination of all statistical and information management activities of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, NSIA conducts population census and national statistical surveys and coordinates with partners including government institutions, international development partners, non-governmental organizations, research institutions and agencies other than state to prevent duplication of information and statistics. NSIA collaborates with national government agencies in collection, compilation and publication of statistical information including data and statistics derived from their activities. Also NSIA independently collects, compiles, analyses and publishes national commercial, financial, social, economic, environmental, information technology and in general the living condition of Afghan nation. National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) supports and promotes the development of integrated social and economic statistics nationwide. NSIA also provides technical support to other agencies and facilitates standard procedures for conducting research such as sampling frames. To fulfil the requirement and need of modern statistical demands, NSIA is mandated to introduce reforms in the area of organizational development. NSIA coordinates and collaborates with partner agencies to establish standards and framework for unified data and information management. Currently on-going efforts are underway to further strengthen NSIAs institutional capacity to adapt and utilize organizational development best-practices to adapt to fast-changing and required growth of NSIA. The National Geo-Informatics Center in Afghanistan is responsible for national level of Geo-Spatial activities, developing policies, Geo-Spatial standards, and the sustainable use of its extensive natural resources. In order to make informed decisions, the policy makers, technicians, scientists and others need timely and authoritative data and the means to analyze and understand this information and the conditions, trends and other insights it can Bring. Most of the Geo spatial data that exists in Afghanistan is scattered across many organizations within the government, United Nations agencies and many other government, non-government and international organizations. The government has recognized the need to address this issue and has established a National Geo-Informatics Centre (NGIC) program within the Central Statistical Organization. Based on the decree No (656), 2018 of His Excellency President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the GIS Coordination Deputy President General office was established. Currently the GIS is one of the important departments of NSIA. The National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) is the leading national geo spatial science organization with a focus on both public good science for government and geo-scientific research to understand earth and environmental processes.
Refer to Duties & Responsibilities
Provinces to travel:
At least two years of working experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Kabul based project team NSIA/UNODC in order to have a better understanding of survey activity mechanism.
• Coordinate with provincial authority, organize and prepare plans for all surveys activities in the field.
• Participate in the recruitment of surveyors jointly NSIA/UNODC
• Associate with the training of surveyors for the survey activities.
• Monitoring the field survey activities.
• Corporate with the surveyors to make sure the job is properly done according to the methodological approach.
• In close consultation with NSIA/UNODC managements to ensure that the technical equipment is made available to surveyors.
• Make a quality control cross-check of all survey data and make sure that the forms are correct.
• Debrief all the surveyors at the end of their duties.
• Providing reports regarding the survey activities to the NSIA/UNODC main office.
• Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the NSIA/UNODC main office.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Khost, Badakhshan, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
Minimum bachelor’s degree.