|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Chemonics International is a Washington DC-based firm seeking candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Trade and Accession Facilitation for Afghanistan (TAFA) project. The purpose of the project is to generate economic growth, trade, and investment by improving the conditions for international and cross-border trade and transit. It is expected to help the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) and the private sector to realize the advantages of greater regional and global trade linkages and export-oriented business development through assistance in three categories: 1) trade policy liberalization, 2) trade facilitation, and 3) public outreach on trade-related issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist GIRoA with completion of APTA, and other regional trade agreements
2. Assist GIRoA with policies, regulations, and follow-up negotiations to enable Afghanistan to implement and take advantage of regional trade agreements, such as the South Asian Free Trade Agreement (SAFTA) and other opportunities.
3. Improve collection, analysis, and dissemination of trade related data to inform policy decisions
4. Provide technical support to the GIRoA for participation in forums on trade related matters
1. Knowledge of regional trade issues and policy, particularly with South and Central Asia.
2. At least 5 years of experience
3. Bachelorâ€™s degree (Masterâ€™s preferred) in a relevant field
4. Fluency in English