|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
The Reporting Assistant is a full-time employee who will report the systematic monitoring of the protection concerns of conflict induced internally displaced persons (IDPs) and refugee returnees for the Reporting Officer.
Protection concerns (i.e., rights violations, discrimination, and exclusion) will be monitored and documented under the project. These activities will lead to
1) An increased understanding of the protective environment, including essential demographic data, vulnerability mapping, available services, and existing gaps impacting the displaced and returnee communities, and
2) Sharable reports detailing needed actions by all actors (humanitarian community and government) to address protection concerns/gaps
3) Identification, in close consultation with communities, community based protection assessment (CBPA) projects aimed at mitigating protection risks and support the (re)integration of displaced and returnee communities.
The Reporting Assistant in the North Region will be responsible in collecting data, protection monitoring reports and proposals for community based protection assessment (CBPA) projects from 5 provinces in the North region in close coordination with Protection Monitors. In addition to report writing, she will deal with statistical data related to beneficiary groups, data analysis, and produces charts/graphs in consultation with UNHCR Information Management Focal Point.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Collect protection monitoring forms and compile analytical protection monitoring visit reports to be shared with UNHCR on regular basis;
· Maintain weekly statistical reports on number of persons with specific needs identified and referred, number of beneficiaries receiving information dissemination sessions, main protection findings identified in each location; number of referrals to specialized agencies for each monitored location;
· In coordination with UNHCR, ensure that identified needs and protection concerns are duly referred to specialized agencies and actors;
· Jointly with protection monitors and UNHCR Provincial Focal Points, draft concise community based protection assessment (CBPA) project proposals based on the results of the protection findings and consultation with communities;
· Assist the Reporting Officer and Regional Manager in monitoring the progress in project implementation for the respective area of coverage;
· In coordination with UNHCR, represent the project with local authorities and other stakeholders;
· Ensure protection monitoring visits and other activities foreseen in the project are conducted in adherence to humanitarian principles and confidentiality;
· Establish and maintain congenial relationship with relevant governmental and non-governmental actors;
· In coordination with UNHCR, represent WAW and the project in local coordination fora;
· Perform other tasks as needed and as directed by Reporting Officer and Regional Manager.
· Minimum of three years experience in positions requiring substantial drafting and reporting skills;
·Essential previous experience in projects and programs related to community empowerment, outreach, protection;
· Bachelor Degree in relevant field
· Good knowledge of general protection principles
· Fluency in Dari and English, Pashtu and Uzbeki will be an asset
· Good reporting skills in English;
· Good knowledge of Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc)
· Ability to work effectively both independently and within team
· Excellent communication skills and experience in working with group of national and international staff;
· Ability to communicate effectively in coordination fora, meeting with authorities and other stakeholders;
· Understanding and sensitivity to cultural issues
· Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet the deadlines
· Willingness to travel and live in basic conditions