|Date Posted:||Sep 19, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Future Generations Afghanistan:
Genuinely interested in obtaining solid skills in social science research methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Willingness to learn new ways of conducting research and to critically evaluate prior knowledge on social science and of research methodologies.
- Genuinely interested in conducting and contributing to the production of reliable research on Afghanistan over a long â€“term period.
- High degree of self motivation.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Excellent team worker with proven experience in working in team settings.
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to project.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
- Committed to facilitating relationships between communities regarding their security and survival strategies.
University degree in social science or final year social science student and/ or three to five years minimum of work experience in Afghanistan.
Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills.
Advanced written and spoken English and fluency in Pashto and / or Dari.
All research training will be conducted in English only thus must have high level of English to understand content of training.
Knowledge of social structures (Family and community life) in Afghanistan.
Willing to travel to provinces to conduct research.