|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan railway authority:
About Afghan Railway Authority
Afghanistan Railway Authority (ARA) is a newly established organization which is responsible to develop, design and maintain railway network in Afghanistan. This network will assist the country to transform to a regional transportation hub assisting the country in achieving its goals towards sustainable economic growth.
Railway Technology Unit
Afghan Railway Authority is planning to establish a Railway Technology Unit. This Unit will comprise of technical staff from Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, IT, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering fields. This Unit will assist in enhancing and improving the railway operations by providing new technology which can make the operations smarter, efficient and convenient. This Unit will lay the foundation for Systematic approach to manage railway operations as well as provide smart systems which can help detect any flaw in the system to avoid the risks associated with it.
The ARA is looking for Research Engineers from IT/ Computer Engineering field. Under the supervision of ARA, the Research Engineers will be responsible for assisting in the development of Railway Technology Unit ANCL. The Research Engineers will be also responsible to collect data, perform research and assist in development of new technologies which can help make the railway operations more convenient and efficient.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal is essential. Fluent in Pashto and Dari
• Good working knowledge of Ms Office applications
• Strong background of Engineering Softwares
• Knowledge of Basic railway design and operations
• Highly motivated individual, who demonstrates self-initiative and is able to work under pressure.
• Is able to accept responsibility and manage and mentor a team.
• Experience within the region is highly desirable.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Knowledge about Electrical and electrical tools for automated systems is preferred
• Working knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Data collection
• Preparing Technical Reports
• Conducting research on various railway related technologies
• Attending required technical meetings
• Technical support to Railway Operations
• Conducting Trainings for technicians and Junior Engineers
• Design and developing Systems technology for O&M of railway operations
• Prepare timely and quality project progress and implementation reports for submission to ARA
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Minimum BE (Electrical Engineering) from an accredited university/educational institute.
• At least 2 years of Experience (Experience in relevant field is prioritized)