|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||60000 - 65000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
The Research and Evaluation Unit is providing strong research support to the different programmes, especially now girls education challenge Transition (GEC-T) and Afghanistan girls education (AGE) according to the donor needs. Besides, in order to improve the quality of the intervention some research for internal purpose of the organization is being completed.
This also includes developing and institutionalizing a common research and monitoring framework, systems and tools for the project's research and monitoring interventions, ensuring that the project team meets the M&E standards; and developing and establishing mechanisms for learning and sharing lessons learned across the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinating research and evaluation unit in Afghanistan
• Conducting research on different programmes particularly education (GEC-T) , AGE and Health, including CDP based on the availability of budget.
• Analysis of the collected data and writing report
• Developing research concept note and proposal for programme research
• Developing questionnaire, checklist and research protocol for both qualitative and quantitative research
• Training to the enumerators and field visit while collecting data
• Analysis both qualitative and quantitative data and writing quality report
• Striving to make collaborative research with other research organization (both national and International)
• Securing more research funds by writing competitive research proposal for sustainability of the unit
• Provide inputs to various stakeholders (researchers, programme managers, donors, senior management) for impact assessment and other plans, including results framework
• Disseminate research findings to the stakeholders (MoE, Donor and project team)
• Communication with different research organizations and donors
• Dissemination of the findings to donors and government agencies
• Active participation in Country Management Team (CMT)
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Possess sufficient specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop research programmes and methodologies.
• Evidence of published research with a strong publication record in high quality publications.
• Experience of managing research projects and teams
• Successful in obtaining grant funding.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups.
• Have excellent writing and speaking skills (especially English).
• Strong knowledge on operating STATA, SPSS, database, MS Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with web-based platforms and applications.
• Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan, Haji Mir Ahmad Street, Baharistan, Karte parewan, Kabul, Afghanistan.
To apply please click on the below link: https://https://www.jobs.af/jobs/research-manager-17
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply