|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MISFA Ltd.:
The Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) was set up in 2003 at the invitation of the Afghan government — to get donor coordination right from the start and avoid the counter-productive efforts that have emerged from conflicting donor objectives in other post-conflict situations. It was established as a vehicle through which the Afghan Government and international donors could channel technical assistance and funding to build Afghanistan’s microfinance sector. MISFA was the first facility of its kind, pooling diverse donor funding mechanisms and converting them into streamlined, flexible support to microfinance institutions in Afghanistan, tailored to local priorities and accompanied by technical assistance and strong performance monitoring.
MISFA’s mission is to contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth by developing a viable, inclusive financial sector for the poor, and the underserved small and medium enterprises.
The Research Specialist has the responsibility for effective implementation of programs and activities that are part of the MISFA’s Knowledge Management ( KM )strategy and contribute to knowledge creation and sharing culture within organization and across the sector through conducting, coordinating and managing qualitative and quantitative research and surveys. The Research Specialist will support MISFA to document best practices, lessons learned and commission research aimed at improving access to financial services for micro and small enterprises. In addition, s/he would be tasked to implement the Progress out of poverty (PPI) index to better track the microfinance impact and roll out the index in the MF sector to MISFA partners in Afghanistan. The Research Specialist reports to MISFA’s Manager – Public Information and Communication (PIC).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop Terms of Reference (ToR) and Scope of Work (SoW) for the consulting assignments that will be commissioned by MISFA.
• Coordinate the research assignments and review the research proposals and reports.
• Design and conduct research and survey assignments independently using data analysis softwares like SPSS and Stata.
• Closely follow up on the activities outlined in the Knowledge Management (KM ) strategy with all the relevant departments and ensure that the activities are achieved on time and update the supervisor and senior management on the progress made against the activities outlined in the KM strategy on regular basis.
• Analyze Knowledge Management requirements for relevant audiences (e.g., policymakers, partners and technical staff in client governments and the Bank) to identify technology requirements, to develop and deploy knowledge resources, and to implement knowledge dissemination strategies (e.g., Web site, conferences, training workshops).
• Update the KM strategy in coordination with supervisor and the relevant departments, and take appropriate steps beforehand.
• Ensure that knowledge relevant to the sector, projects and activities are created, shared and utilized within MISFA and across the sector to contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing among cross-departmental teams and utilize the lesson learned for future decision making.
• Guide MISFA and train other stakeholders’ staff in the KM methods, processes and tools to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills to contribute in to KM activities.
• Assist in assessing the feasibility and implementation (if feasible) of a Community of Practice (CoP), and help manage membership and member engagement related processes. Help organize the virtual platform and actively contribute content to the platform.
• Ensure that the field reports of MISFA staff, and other documentation is properly filed and open for sharing.
• Maintain an internal library that holds general and technical documents existing at MISFA.
• Perform other activities as directed by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in Research, Knowledge Management, Economics, Journalism, communications or related field; or internationally recognized certificates in research and knowledge management is required. Master degree will be preferred.
• Five years of relevant work experience in research, knowledge management, communications, market analysis, Project/Program Management or other relevant fields.
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English languages is mandatory
• Strong knowledge of research methodologies, research software like SPSS or Stata and basics of statistics. Experience of operating qualitative research software would be a plus.
• Experience with and up-to-date knowledge of web-based tools and products that support knowledge sharing and collaboration;
• Ability to build ownership among diverse external and internal stakeholders around new initiatives and programs;
• Good analytical, writing, communication and interpersonal skills;