|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||24 month(s)|
About Afghan Knowledge Solution:
AKS is a local development consultancy that works with the international community in public, private and third sectors with the common goal of helping Afghanistan to become more secure and enhancing the life chances of Afghans by supporting economic and human development projects.
Founded in 2009, AKS has established a reputation as a trusted and highly competent partner in international development, managing projects across Afghanistan. We have a network of more than 500 national and international consultants with both exemplary technical expertise and a deep understanding of our country. By supporting donor and commercial projects, AKS nurtures talent by transferring the skills and knowledge of its young Afghan team to fellow Afghans.
We work with international partners on governance, public financial management, economic development, and investment advisory and support, providing them with the local expertise they need to operate in Afghanistan efficiently.
The Expert will have a degree in electrical engineering and preferably 10 years of experience working in development/rehabilitation of transmission lines, substations and grid systems. Experience in Afghanistan and other post-conflict environment are desired. The Expert will undertake the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Resident Project Manager:
1. The Resident Project Manager shall have a degree in Engineering preferably in Civil or Electrical Engineering with at least 8 years of experience in the relevant field.
2. Report to the Project Manager in carrying out all aspects of his TOR.
3. Shall be responsible for effective supervision and contract administration of all civil, mechanical and
electrical works during the period of construction supervision.
4. Ensure that the consulting team under his/ her control undertakes comprehensive construction
supervision and contract administration of all Works required to be carried out by the Consultant in
the role of "Owner’s Engineer" as per the terms and conditions of Contract for Construction.
5. Oversee activities of the teams under his/ her control related to supervision of construction works ensuring compliance to details provided in the construction drawings and strict adherence to
6. Ensure that the Quality Assurance Plan/methodology is strictly followed.
7. Ensure preparation of detailed and quantitative progress reports to support the contractor's requests
for progress payments.
8. Prepare a comprehensive Construction Completion Report including as-built drawings as appropriate.
9. Ensure that the contractor follows the implementation schedule.
10. Review the plan for execution of critical activities and arrange timely completion there-of.
11. Ensure effective implementation of environmental management plan.
12. Ensure all other plans and methodologies are strictly followed by the Contractor.
13. Shall be responsible for any other activities concerning construction and engineering required for
smooth and better implementation of entire project construction and engineering.
• Familiar with the nature of formal meetings, training, workshops, and ability to share information