|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||40000 - 45000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO):
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
From the inception to-date, ASMO successfully implemented multimillion Dollar projects in Afghanistan through sub-awards sponsored by USAID focusing to improve health services.
ASMO is anticipating to receive from DAI/WIE (Women in Economy) a short term new grant titled as RSN (reusable sanitary napkins). RSN is primarily for home-based and disadvantaged women who are living in the local prisons or in Women Protection Centers (WPCs) also known as “Khana-e-Aman” based in Kabul Province. The project aims to provide them the opportunity to be trained and engaged them in the basic handicraft work to produce the RSN kits and carry bags.
Reusable Sanitary Napkin Superintendent (Project Focal Point) will be acting as a superintendent of the whole project. She will be leading the project staff, creating monthly progress reports, solving project team problems, acting as a bridge between the project team and WIE. She will work directly under the direction of ASMO Social Marketing Manager undertaking responsibilities outlined below.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Experience and ability to manage people, processes, and technology.
- Familiarity with Ms. Office (Ms. Word & Ms. Excel).
- Fluent in Dari, Pashtu, and English languages.
- Excellent in communicating with people written/verbal
- Critical thinking, keen to learn and growth and flexible to changes.
- Good report writing, scheduling, and filling skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage RSN production staff including but not limited to; RSN production manager, RSN Master Seamstress, and RSN production helpers.
- Collecting project progress reports from the project team on daily basis.
- Provide ad-hoc monitoring visit to the production site and facilitate visits of donor monitoring team.
- Collecting monthly project reports and send it either to her supervisor for review before submission to the donor.
- Close follow up and coordination with M&E, Social Marketing, and sales Departments to implement Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Marketing, and Sales activities of the project based on the plans and guidelines.
- Acting as focal point between ASMO and the WIE (the donor). Providing the donor with the required documents / information, attending meetings, and trainings.
- Scheduling and monitoring project staff assignments, progress on daily / weekly basis.
- Keep complete records of all project activities, schedules, time sheets, documents in an appropriate filling system.
- Monitoring the sales and social marketing activities with the sales team, and SM department.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed by complying with organization policies and procedures.
- Consistently supervising and motivating her staff to deliver high-quality services to the business.
- Performing any other activities assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education & Qualifications:
Bachelor in Business Administration.
At least five years’ of work experience in the areas of project management, supervision, production, coordination, administrative work. Relevant experience in RSN production will be a plus.