|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering,Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About io Global Services Private Limited:
Established in 2002-2004 in post war situation io Global Services Pvt. Ltd was one of the very first ISP to provide Internet Services in Afghanistan and having market share over 67% within the first decade of its establishment. io Global Services (Pvt.) Ltd ranks as one of the top 5 Internet Services Provider among 56+ registered Internet Services provider in Afghanistan io Global Services (Pvt.) Ltd is a technology-focused and pioneer in providing Optical Fiber, VSAT, Wireless broadband High Speed Internet Services, Voice over IP and Managed Services to large Corporates, SMEs and SOHOs. Io Global holds a National level Internet Service Provider License and is one of the only two commercial nation wide WiMAX License holder. io Global Services Private Limited was formed by a team of professionals in the field of satellite communications, information technology and telecommunications. Io Global specializes in short and long-term turnkey contracts for services with operating engineering staffers, microwave, satellite, design engineers and project managers. With a satisfied client base including but not limited to Government Line Ministries, LTA "Long Term Agreements with United Nations, Embassies, Donors, aid agencies, NGO's, Banking and several other national and multinational organizations and corporations. io Global is also an established Microwave & Satellite, Voice, Data and Video systems integrator providing cost-efficient services with strategic business relationships with leading ICT, microwave and Satellite services companies around the world The Company focuses on extreme customer satisfaction by implementing tried and tested systems and procedures, fast response time, quick turn ON time, proper documentation with access to state of the art test and measurement equipment and labs. Being one of the leading ISP we are committed to play a vital role in achieving Afghanistan Telecom Regulatory Authority's (ATRA's) vision
RF engineer will be responsible to manage overall RF side, Backhauls links and Network sustainability
Problem Solving SkillsCommunication
· Great understanding of RF and Cisco enabled network environments
· Ability to think clearly and logically.
· Skills in problem identification and solution.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
· High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
· Ability to work independently in remote locations under adverse conditions.
· Negotiation skills.
· Leadership, Team work and self-motivated
· Great Communication Skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Hands on experience on Wireless network systems (RF,Microwave, WiMax, WIFI)
· Configuration and troubleshooting of Microwave/ PtP/ PtMP/ WiMAX devices.
· Keeps up-to-date of spectrum technology and spectrum management regulation and policy
· Working on new cell sites, making sure the site is properly integrated into the network and optimized for peak performance.
· Flexible person with the ability to manage the client in stressful situations
· Demonstrates capacity for taking ownership of issues and working them through to resolution.
· Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power Usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at IO Global NOC/POPs).
· Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing Ethernet, fiber and console cabling.
· Development and implementation of signal processing algorithms.
· Provide solution to technical problems associated with radio frequency engineering products
· Provide technical support in installation, operation, maintenance and repair of radio frequency systems.
· Ensure radio frequency systems are installed and functions according to specifications.
· Prepare analysis and simulation reports, develop presentations, write test plans and perform evaluation
· Handle customer complaints, provide appropr iate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
• Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
· Troubleshooting and fault finding in multi-vendor network environment
· Installation of network hardware and software.
· Able to analyze problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
· Clear communicator (written and verbal).
· Ensure effective and smooth communication with Management & staff and between various divisions and functional areas of work
· Capable of prioritizing and managing own workload.
· Capable of working/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
· Keen to contribute ideas, share knowledge and help others to develop.
· Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Should be comfortable working in 24*7 rotational shifts.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
· Master’s degree in a related field will be preferred.
· 3+ years hands on Experience in RF Design and optimization
· Cisco Certified Route / Switch /Wireless (CCNA Wireless R & S)
· Microsoft Certification is recommended