|Date Posted:||Apr 19, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 29, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The major purposes of the role is to establish, implement and enforce a robust enterprise-wide risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering Strategic risk, Operational risk, Market risk, Liquidity risk, Reputational risk, Credit risk and Compliance risk. Risk and Internal Control Manager assists Management to create and maintain Risk and Internal Control environment that supports the FINCA Microfinance Afghanistan, in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. S/he will assist Management to improve the overall performance and activities of the FINCA Afghanistan, and in making decisions on the issues of risk identification, analysis, mitigation and prevention. Working within the framework of the Company's regulatory and in coordination with corporate functional heads, Risk and Internal Control Manager will manage and monitor control activities and recommend corrective actions. S/he will also develop regular semi/-annual work plans in coordination with Management and Regional Risk and Internal Control Manager that are aligned with the company's strategic and operational goals and any requirements by external governance bodies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws, regulations, etc.
2. Overseeing and enforcing risk management policies and limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities (policy monitoring).
3. Conduct analysis of operations of the Company to identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions.
4. Timely investigation, analysis and reporting of compliance issues which can negatively affect the Company's operation and image.
5. If fraud or negligence occurs, detect violations at an early stage; conduct analysis of the reasons and circumstance that lead to the fraud/negligence, provide Management with recommendations on the changes needed to protect Company from such incidents.
6. Manage evaluation of the possible risks for the proposed new products, procedures and functions, set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation.
7. Create and regularly revise Risk and Internal Control functional procedures to ensure efficiency and sufficient risk-management approach.
8. Develop and implement annual Compliance function work plan.
9. Manage control activities and reporting of the Department, based on the approved Work Plan and requests from Management.
10. Providing an independent view of proposed business plans and appropriate reporting on risks identified to the Management,
11. Support Management in ensuring compliance of Internal Control functional activities with the Charter/bylaws of the Company, policies, procedures, plans and agreements, decisions of Company's governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisors.
12. Manage regular evaluation process of all Company's regulatory documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy and efficiency.
13. Establish a system for the effective communication / training of regulatory documentation to the appropriate personnel at all levels, incl. verification of understanding.
14. Supervise and monitor Department Staff.
15. Assist Training Manager in internal control comprehension training, fraud awareness training and other IC related trainings
16. Visit to the Branches/field to monitor/check risk/internal control functions and train the staff onsite/offsite
- Fluency in local language(s) and English.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and training skills.
- Strong business management and negotiating skills.
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field,
- Strong business management and negotiation skills,
- Experience managing and motivating a large staff,
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy,
- Availability domestic travel (up to 30%).
-University Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management or equivalent qualification.
-Candidates with additional qualification/certification in Risk Management, Compliance/AML/KYC & Internal controls will be preferred
-Afghan Nationals only eligible.
- 7 year plus experience minimum in banking or Micro Finance as dealing with operation and at least 5 year experience in management and staff supervision. Fluency in English is required and communicating with local languages