|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Apr 29, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial Management ,Programme|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
About UNDP Afghanistan:
UNDP Global Mission Statement
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with national counterparts on their own solutions to global and national development challenges.
UNDP Afghanistan Mission Statement
UNDP focus is helping Afghanistan build and share solutions to the challenges of Environment, Livelihoods, Gender, Rule of Law, Governance and Health. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan since 1966 in close partnership with government, civil society and other national and international partners. UNDP advocates for change and connect the Afghan government, NGOs, civil society and other partners to the knowledge and resources they need to help the Afghan people build a better life.
Under the direct supervision of the Audit and Financial Risk Management Analyst, the Risk Management Associate (RMA) provides effective and efficient support the activities of the Risk Management Unit including to management of CO´s internal and external audit and risk management processes as well as compliance activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work and full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment. The RMA supports the implementation of the established audit & compliance and risk management related standard operating procedures (SOP) according to UNDP’s rules and regulations, the management of information flows, and follow-up on deadlines and commitments.
The Risk Management Associate works in close collaboration with the other units of the Financial Oversight unit, Operations, Programme and Project Teams in the CO, with the Office of Audit and Investigation and with UNDP HQs staff for ensuring follow up on audit and compliance related issues and information exchange.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Efficient support to processes and activities related to internal and external audits
2. Efficient support to risk management and compliance activities
3. Efficient support to management of unit activities and implementation of CO standard operating procedures
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Requires travel to provinces:
Job Knowledge/ Technical Expertise
Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Financial Reporting and Analysis
Ability to evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner
Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, regulations, and policies and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Maintains effective client relationships
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Provides efficient support to processes and activities related to internal and external audits, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Prepare notifications letters and supporting documentation for audits.
- Collect and compile audit related information (e.g. background info/data for the NIM/NGO audit ToR) in collaboration with projects, programme and operations units.
- Maintain audit information up-to-date and accurate, including the status of audit recommendations on the Comprehensive Audit and Recommendations Database System (CARDS) and the NGO/NIM audit tracking system.
- Extract and compile data from ATLAS, CARDS and other sources. Prepare desk reviews of status of implementation of audit recommendations, NGO/NIM audit (HACT audit) exercises etc. for periodic audit related activity. Compile and prepare progress reports and RMU monthly audit updates.
- Review, edit, proofread and finalize draft and final audit reports and presentations (desktop publishing layouts and formats), and completeness and accuracy of the information and data.
- Arrange meetings for internal & external audits and management reviews.
- Support the preparation of the ToRs for the NIM/HACT audit), obtain CoA for audit services from programme and projects, contract management.
2) Provides efficient support to compliance and risk management activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compile supporting documents for internal compliance reviews, unannounced spot-checks and risk management activities. Assist in review of the supporting documents (?), as required.
- Update UNDP’s corporate RM tools, e.g. the relevant parts of Integrated WP and ROAR, in the applicable system following the rules and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring adherence to UNDP´s programme and operations policies and procedures, and corporate guidance on risk management.
- Assist in monitoring the effective implementation of internal control framework – ICF and in identification of non-compliance issues for further follow-up and corrective actions.
3) Provides efficient support to management of unit activities and implementation of CO standard operating procedures, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Draft correspondence, general briefing notes, documents, reports and minutes of meetings for review and finalization by the Head of Unit.
- Organize and maintain a filing system (both electronic and hard copy), ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Keep the RMU workspace in Share-point up-to-date to ensure effective information flow on RMU issues throughout the CO.
- Carry out any ad-hoc tasks and data/information research and presentation as requested by the Head of RMU
- Follow up on prompt implementation of information exchanges and adherence to deadlines and follow-up commitments, within RMU and with other UNDP units.
- Prepare unofficial translations and carry out interpretation, when required.
4) Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO and projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Carry out on-job and formal training for UNDP staff on audit & compliance and risk management requirements.
- Inform and explain to UNDP staff and contractors issues relating to audit, compliance and risk management.
- Identify lessons learnt and best practices in audit, compliance and risk management.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Required High School Certificate with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance or Audit.
- University Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business is desirable.
- Internationally recognized Accounting qualification is a distinct advantage.
- 6 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required with a High School Diploma or 4 years relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Applicants with experience in audits and compliance activities have a distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience with web-based information and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft is a distinct asset.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.