|Date Posted:||Jan 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Duties & Responsibilities:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Structural Design Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Will be able to design the paved and gravel roads (Geometric and Pavement).
2. Will be responsible for the design, development, and drafting of Road structures like Culverts, bridges, retaining walls and etc as per the signatory codes and standards.
3. Will ensure project compliance with respective clientâ€™s specification and scope of work.
4. Will provide standard sheets for calculations and design drafts.
5. Will draft design criteria for the design for all design work.
6. Will be able to negotiate modifications with consulting engineers.
7. shall have sound knowledge of International building codes such as (AASHTO, ASTM,BS and etc)
8. Perform structural and road analysis calculations utilizing known engineering software Eagle point, Autodesk Land disk top, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, SAP and etc)
9. Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with those in the team of work at all levels, with a focus on quality service to internal staff and external clients.
1. Holds Bachelor or Ms Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution
2. Excellent English communication skills.
3. Excellent knowledge of computers Ms Office.
4. Familiarity with Auto CAD and good knowledge of software like; SAP Eagle point, Autodesk Land disk top, Civil 3D, ETABS and etc.
5. Develops / maintains standard design sheets for structural elements.
6. At least two years of experience in practical design of vertical and horizontal structures.
7. Familiar with the procedure and process of the US Army Corps of Engineers projects.