|Date Posted:||Aug 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 2, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Amin Kapisa Construction and Road Building Company:
Amin Kapisa Construction and Road Building company is a major Afghani construction and Road Building Company with a total capability across the spectrum of roads networks, building and civil engineering work, including Design, implementation and Finance developments. AKCC Consultants is Afghan National, Non Governmental and Nonpolitical Company established in Kabul by the most eligible, experts and experience National Engineers as a Nation private unit to participate activity in Reconstruction efforts of Afghanistan and pay great pleasure to work jointly with other Companies and Organizations to provide services for the war effected Countrymen of Afghanistan of different areas and to Assist the Government in Rehabilitation and Rebuilding of Afghanistan through Designing and Implementation of Construction and Reconstruction Projects throughout the Country funded by the PRTS, US Army of corps and other National and International Donor Agencies. To implement and conduct such Rehabilitation and Rebuilding activities AKCC Consultants developed a Network of qualified staff and labors. Beside AKCC Consultants has strong base of light and heavy-duty tolls and Equipments possibilities. This company is registered with AISA (Afghan Investment Support Agency).
He/She will be doing all work related to Road and partially Building.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Be in touch with project managers/site engineers regularly so as to provide daily progress reports and send them regularly to the client
2. Prepare weekly reports about the works of the constructions, foresight of supplies; include progress against objectives, obstacles encountered and proposed solutions, and plans for following period.
3. Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
4. Monitor the projects by conducting site visits and provide guidance for improvement and good results, and direct the project activities to meet the project objectives in terms of quality of work and within the agreed timelines.
5. Check the quality and accuracy of every service of construction.
6. Develop and maintain efficient information systems about the ongoing construction works, for the Cash for Works with the Site Engineer.
7. Provide work plan /schedule for the projects and bring changes where there is necessary.
8. Review and provide advice on technical specifications to ensure adherence to AASHTO and MoPW standards
9. review and ensure that all drawings of road designs are done to the highest standards, based on initial survey data provided to the Road
10. Provide technical advice and assistance to contractors to ensure that good quality materials are purchased.
11. Assist the Project managers/ site engineers in the implementation of projects as planned according to developed technical standards, schedules and timelines
12. He will be responsible to provide bidding building preliminary drawings
13.Review and provide the bill of quantity of the new projects
14. Attend to the client weekly/ bi-weekly meeting
1. BSc. Road construction or Civil Engineering and the postgraduate qualification would be an advantage
2. At least three to five years of experience in related Field
3. Good computer skill including AutoCAD, Primavera (Ms Office Package, Ms Project,)
4. Good spoken and written English is a must.
5. Have good ability of communication with employees
6. Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective work relationships.
7. Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills
8. Ability to work in a dynamic and responsive environment
9. Ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple tasks
10. Ability to allocate and review priorities and meet tight deadlines.
11. Ability to work in a team environment.
12. Professional presentation and approach.