|Date Posted:||Mar 5, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
TechNation is an Afghanistan-based technology, management and consulting company that leverages technology for business, education, and society. Incorporated in 2010 in Afghanistan, TechNation strives to achieve the following objectives:
- Support business automation through creating technologies for web, mobile, and desktop;
- Enhance the employability of young people through training and education;
- Empower citizens by providing technology and knowledge resources;
- Create wealth and employment by launching startup support programs in various industries;
- Promote a culture of innovation through initiating technology innovation programs;
- Facilitate an enabling environment for business and social development through policy research and analysis.
TechNation has been working on TechKids-- an academy for children to learn to code, design and make-- that requires additional instructors, separately, for its Robotics/Making, Coding, and Design track classes.
We are looking for a passionate Robotics/Making Instructor to teach elementary or middle school students at the TechKids locations (the main location in Qala-e Fathullah, Kabul and other locations will be opened later in Kabul and provinces). As a TechKids instructor, you will meet incredible kids, teach them how to create little robots and moving devices - and how to think like a “maker”- and be rewarded with an amazing experience. This is a part-time position for anywhere from 5-10 hours/week, 3-8 pm, depending on your schedule and availability.
This job is open to:
- Applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Applicants who do not have a high school or university diploma
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Passion- this is all about giving back to the kids. We need to see your student rock a coding lesson.
- Great with kids. Patience, a bit of fun, and energy are virtues when it comes to kids!
- Ability to work independently with diverse groups.
- Familiarity and comfort with the subject area.
- Ability to assist others in understanding concepts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Work alongside education advisor/site coordinator to ensure all classes are prepared for in advance
- Willingness to provide student-centered learning.
- Provide study visit suggestions that will expand student learning
- Ability to follow a prescribed curriculum
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach robotics/making skills, and or related programming languages to a group of 8-15 students.
- Lead training sessions on current robotics-related coding and programming languages to the children.
- Conduct research to determine the parameters of a robotic application.
- Help with the development of curriculum and training handbook.
- Create prototypes and work on necessary components (e.g. microprocessors).
- Develop basic and advanced technical content on a wide variety of materials. Examples include servo motors, resolver motors, encoders, and integration, electrical maintenance, mechanical maintenance.
- Deliver technical training courses in classroom and field settings using a variety of presentation formats including instructor-led, facilitative group learning, active hands-on learning and functional assessments.
- Provide an evaluation of courses with written and hands-on assessments.
- Provide comprehensive tracking of each student’s completed and required training in a specific learning management software system.
- Develop cost-effective and efficient processes to produce the machines.
- Design robots and moving devices with children from start to finish.
- Where needed, help apply machine learning techniques.
- Create documentation for the products being created.
- Troubleshoot defects in the robot/moving device design.
- Keep abreast of advancements in robotics and relevant fields of engineering.
- Help design and implement software that will control robots/moving devices.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to assess comprehension of training efforts.
- Organize and participate in meetings.
- Review and respond to student questions, and provide continual robotics/making support to students.
- Communicate changes to the staff and students.
- Review student work and ensure it is being accurately made.
- Hold regular meetings to communicate new findings.
- Perform research and analysis, especially on updated robotics/making information and issues that arise.
- Convert hand-written charts to make robots and devices.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- High school or equivalent, students pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
- 1-5 years of experience in teaching, especially robotics (preferred)
- Hands-on extensive experience with robotics systems, making cool moving devices to include basic and advanced programming, remastering, teaching, and mechanical teardown and reassembly.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, and methods applicable to manufacturing robotics processes.
- Previous experience as a robotics engineer or a similar role.
- Well-versed in computer science, applied physics, and mechanics.
- Excellent knowledge of computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing software.
- Knowledge of cost, efficiency, and productivity optimization methods.
- Ability to develop and evaluate integrated systems.
- An analytical mind.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Please, send a CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please write the vacancy title in the subject line by no later than April 10, 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, and basis of disability or any other protected class.