|Date Posted:||Aug 3, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 16, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaison with the Country Office and SCOPE team members to ensure that country Office IT requirements are addressed in the implementation.
- Coordinate all communications to stakeholders (users, product development, Technical support etc.) on implementation progress.
- Provide training and advice to clients, corporting partners and end-users of IT services, understand and resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Coordinate the collation of a range of complex data, conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports to identify and recommend solutions.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support integrated IT support services.
- Identify SCOPE requirements (functionality, modularized equipment needs, staff etc.) for implementation and working with relevant teams to provide resources.
- Coordinate configuration and deployment of SCOPE equipment and services to support beneficiary registration, enrolment into food assistance Programmes, distribution planning, distribution, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Participate in capacity building initiatives to build country office IT and other business unit expertise on the use of SCOPE.
- Ensure that controllers and data subjects are informed about their data protection rights, obligations and responsibilities and raise awareness about them.
- Contribute to installation, configuration, and customization of IT systems and integration and immigration of data between systems, ensuring compliance with WFP's IT standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Consider humanitarian and partnership principle while dealing with partners and other UN agencies.
- Preparing, contribution and drafting of ICT documentation including, but not limited to APP (Annual Performance Plan), DRP, SOPs, MoUs, NFRs, System manuals and directives.
- To ensure staff have access to the required ICT services and products both on Intranet and Internet 24/7.
- Handle queries or complaints on request by institution, the controller or person, according to the WFP protection policy.
- Ensure all data exchanges follow the global Data protection rule and regulations.
Bachelor’s in computer science, Information Technology, or Computer Application is required.
Five or more years of progressive experience in ICT, data management and software services/support delivery.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Has experience project managing small country level IT initiatives.
Has coached, trained and mentored junior staff on building their technical capabilities.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Knowledge of safety precautions
Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly with other ICT staff.
Ability to carry out the installation of the ICT equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.