|Date Posted:||May 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
About Rumi Spice:
Rumi Spice was founded in 2015 and is one of the leading agricultural exporters from Afghanistan. Rumi Spice’s business model is procuring and processing quality spices, including saffron and cumin from Afghanistan. The US team consists of product development, sales & marketing, and senior management and the Afghanistan team consists of contract buyers, quality assurance manager and team, and contract workers. The company has offices and processing facilities in Chicago, USA and in Herat, Afghanistan. Rumi Spice buys spices directly from Afghan wholesalers and farmers, processes it in Afghanistan, undertakes laboratory testing in Turkey, and exports the processed product to the U.S. Rumi Spice has a well-established distribution network and sells saffron online, in retail stores, to food delivery services, and in wholesale markets in the US.
Rumi Spice is hiring a Chief Operating Officer to support in establishing and operating a quality and certification entity. The entity will provide quality control and certification services to Rumi Spice and other agricultural companies in need of certification services. The COO will work closely with Rumi Spice’s team in USA and Kabul, Afghanistan.
Provinces to travel:
Organizational, analytical, and business management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage small team of food certifiers based in Herat, including setting up a new office/lab
2) Coordinate international auditor visits and local training
3) Build network with Afghan food and agri-companies and lead sales of food certification services
4) Work with Rumi Spice to develop and manage new product sourcing relationships with farmers, wholesalers, agricultural cooperatives etc.
5) Manage logistics, local customs/export processes
6) Prepare regular reports to Rumi Spice team in USA
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
1) Proven experience as COO or relevant senior management role. Preference for individuals with work experience in agricultural and logistics experience.
2) Excellent organizational, analytical, and business management skills
3) Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PPT)
4) Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
5) Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
6) Bachelor’s degree or higher
7) Strong written and oral communication skills in Dari and English
Competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience.
Please submit a CV including full contact details to Walid Qazizada at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Closing date for receiving applications is 30 June, 2019
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted