|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Head of Safeguard and Gender will have responsibility of assuring that Safeguards are not overlooked during the implementation of Projects. He/She will report to the PMO Director. The Project Management Consultants will provide technical support and assistance during the initial period of operations of the MEW PMO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ As Head of Safeguard and Gender, the candidate will be responsible for assuring that Projects implemented under the WRDIP through the PMO meets the social and environmental safeguards recommended.
â€¢ Demonstrated enthusiasm for programâ€™s goals;
â€¢ Results oriented and highly motivated;
â€¢ Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches;
â€¢ Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the loan agreement and as required by MEW;
â€¢ Prepare reports as required by MEW and the Asian Development Bank (ADB);
â€¢ Coordinate with the Project Management Consultants in the development of programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge in Preparation and Execution of Social and Environmental Safeguards to counterpart staff during implementation.
1. Under the supervision of the Project Management Consultants, implement approved social assessment protocol and socio economic base line data sheets;
2. Assist the PMO Consultants in planning and executing social assessments and in preparing standard reports and summaries;
3. Learn through on the job exposure activities to promote opportunities for improved living standards and livelihood opportunities through efficient delivery of irrigation services;
4. Prepare inventory of possible environmental impacts from installations (i.e. canals, intakes, etc.) using procedures and techniques developed for the project by the PMO Consultants;
5. Work with the PMO Consultants in implementing approved protocols for environmental screening of structures and facilities;
6. Assist the Consultants in ensuring that any relevant environmental parameters with indicators are included in the overall monitoring and evaluation framework;
7. Learn through on the job exposure capacity-development skills for environmental impact assessment and monitoring.
The candidate must have a Degree in Sociology, Social Sciences or Humanities. More than five years of experience in preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and data gathering and analysis of possible social problems concerning issues like resettlement. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with extensive experience in Field Surveys.