|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2020|
|Reference:||Safety officer -02|
|Closing Date:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Shahab Niru Electrical Company:
Shahab Niru is an electrical company which provide engineering services to the Afghanistan government and international contractors various fields since its establishment and wants to become the leading company in the country with its professional team by using the latest and modern equipment in the field. We believe with the modern technology in the industry and Afghanistan natural resources bring clean and healthy energy to the country. Therefore, we are building community to be the best in our field
The Safety officer is under the overall technical guidance of the Site Manager/QC Manager of the Shahab niru Company. He will also be responsible for Safety support of the project, supervision of daily construction activities as per Safety Rule and regulations on Daily activities and Close coordination with client technical and safety site staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Continuous inspection of the project sites, to ensure a hazard-free environment.
2. Assessment and provide of safety plans for site work.
3. Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality.
4. Promoting safe practices on site.
5. Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs.
6. Carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations.
7. Conducting investigations on accidents.
8. Responding to skilled, Divers and workers’ safety concerns.
9. Arranges OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site.
10. Coordinates all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste.
11. Provide and assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan.
12. Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with Site and QC managers.
13. Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures.
14. Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans.
15. Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated.
16. Perform and other duties deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
17. Ability to manage and control all types of health and safety issues on project site.
18. Aware of ISO environment regulations and principles.
19. Evaluate the probable physical and chemical hazards and take essential steps to minimize them.
20. Ability to research and apply the best industrial and working practices to provide effective services.
21. Abreast with new changes in laws and regulations.
22. Strong management and multitasking ability.
23. Ability to provide and implement plans, objectives and standards timely.
1. Minimum 30 Hours OSHA certified officer.
2. Having experience in us army corps project.
3. Minimum 1 years of relevant experience as safety officer.
4. Obtaining specialized training and certification from a recognized institute will have an added advantage.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Logar
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14-Jul-2020. The subject line of the email must be as Safety engineer -02. Also, please state in your cover letter.