|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 5, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||494 - 495 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
Provision of the Safety & Security support to DACAAR staff in the region, Coordination on all Security related issues with UNDSS, ANSO, NGOs and local authorities. Regular supervision of guards, ensure that guards are constantly trained in all relevant field offices to understand their duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To regularly update written safety plans and tools per DACAAR safety manual, this is to include threat assessment, standard procedures (personal movement & transport, telecommunication, incident report, etc) physical security, contingency plans with the close collaboration of Regional Manager and Main Office Safety Team.
- Update security information, monitoring database and produce weekly reports and more frequently if required, the report should summarize key incidents, analyze trends and provide detailed recommendation for follow up.
- Close monitoring of the security and political situation in the Region and inform the Regional Manager & Main Office Safety Team accordingly.
- To ensure that the security briefing of newcomers takes place in the appropriate time.
- To ensure on-time disseminating security incidents and advisories to the staff in the Region when in hand.
- Visiting of all field offices on frequent bases and provide safety & security advice as needed.
- Represent DACAAR and coordinate amongst all actors (government, UN, NGO, military, etc) in the Region on all security related issues.
- Regular meeting with regional managers, field officers to discuss safety and security issues in the region.
- To ensure the medicines in the first aid kit are constantly updated and fire extinguishers are functioning properly in northwest region offices.
- To ensure that all guards in the relevant offices are performing their tasks according to the given job descriptions and guidelines.
- Preparation of the guard’s duty timetable on monthly basis.
- To ensure all the newly recruited guards received the basic training of the mirror check, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Conduct safety & Security related training.
- The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
Any other tasks as required and decided by the Regional Manager.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: University degree (Military education background is preferred)
Experience: At least (3) three years of relevant experience in security/ Safety in international NGOs is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Ability in team working
Languages: Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English language
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year