|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades, enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
Position: Safety Specialist
Job Locations: Balkh
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: As per company salary policy scale
Vacancy No: AACS-VA-90
No. of Jobs: one Person
Years of Experience: 3 Years
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibly of extension
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Announcement Date: May 19, 2020
Closing Date: May 29, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development and implementation of AACS safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fire protection, and other safety compliance programs.
- Advises the university community regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of students, faculty, and staff as well as regulatory compliance as mandated by local and state agencies.
- Performs hazard analyses and recommends mitigation procedures to the campus community.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department safety work order tracking and reporting.
- Conducts routine and follow-up environmental health, safety and hazard inspections of university facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials, fire and smoke incidents, or unknown hazards; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Leads and/or guides the work of lower level safety technicians and/or student employees.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
· Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
· Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
- Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with safety standards.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.