|Date Posted:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 16, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s Security department is seeking qualified candidate for full time position as Safety & Training Manager based in Kabul.
The Safety and Training Manager will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of all training requirements to ensure all AUAF Security staff are both current and competent to meet the needs of the AUAF and in compliance with GIRoA laws.
Key Outcomes Include
· Compliance with university security policies and protocols- ensure that the premises, visitors, employees and students are at all times compliant with all security policies and procedures and other requirements and that proper records are maintained to show due diligence in all such matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Monitor and implement AUAF security procedures, standards and SOP’s.
· Design an overall training plan.
· Produce training materials, including power-point presentations.
· Training delivery.
· Ensure all training requirements are met.
· Evaluate training and development programs.
· Update training records and file all relevant documentation.
· Ensure all training is cost-effective, within budget constraints and time limits.
· Consistently monitor and review training programs.
· Ensure currency with developments in training by reading relevant and new publications, attending meetings and completing relevant courses.
· Maintain inter-office communication on security-related issues.
· Supervise security staff to ensure compliance with all security protocols.
· Work closely with Security Officer/Supervisor on all aspects of security measures (management, operation and communication).
· Perform other job related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
· Bachelor's Degree with 5 years’ experience in the related field.
· Extensive experience in the security field, preferably 3-5 years government, military, and/or police service, or equivalent private sector security-related experience including experiences in training and establishing security training policies and procedures relating to police/military and/or investigation agencies and good knowledge of the USAID Security Management.
· Training Management experience within an international agency.
· Strong verbal and written briefing/reporting skills including good command of spoken and written English.
· Demonstrated experience in operating in a multicultural environment.
· Experienced and knowledgeable within a training environment with security/safety-related subjects, threat/risk assessment, security management, and personnel/organizational security awareness.
· Excellent diplomatic, communication, and reporting skills.
· Fluency in Dari and Pashtu (written, spoken, comprehension).
· Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access,).
· Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background.