|Date Posted:||Jun 17, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 29, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aeroparcel, Inc.:
Aeroparcel® is the first and largest Afghan mail, courier and parcel services. Aeroparcel® is committed to modernize the mail, courier and parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations Aeroparcel® plans to be the market share- leader of mail, courier and parcel services of Afghanistan and the region. Aeroparcel® offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our mail, courier and parcel customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that Aeroparcel® services are safe, express and affordable. The main business of Aeroparcel® are mail services, courier services and parcel services within and outside Afghanistan.
The incumbent will be responsible to demonstrate a diverse range of sales skills to assist business development, in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
He/she is an essential part of the business development and responsible for all the activities related to business development of Aeroparcel and building market awareness of Aeroparcel services and maintaining awareness of market trends and emerging demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. In depth experience in transportation and/or express business, air & ocean cargo, courier and parcel;
2. Excellent network to cargo and express customers and clients (private industries, all sectors, Government (national and international), NGOs;
3. Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options;
4. Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions;
5. Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements;
6. Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors;
7. Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings;
8. Demonstrating and presenting products to the market and customers;
9. Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
10. Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers;
11. Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
12. recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system;
13. cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
14. To be responsible for ensuring that the Sales and Marketing service in relation to service is delivered in an effective and cost effective manner within specified budgets and approved programs;
15. To ensure an excellent customer service is provided to customers involved in the sales, marketing and ongoing services at Aeroparcel;
16. To ensure the sales and marketing service is efficiently and effectively delivered in line with business plan expectations and that the service continuously improves to meet best practice and customer expectations;
17. To build effective relationships with a range of partners including key internal officers/teams, external customers, solicitors, and developers;
18. To contribute to the Sales & Marketing Plans, monitoring and to report on performance;
19. To assist Marketing & Sales Manager in the preparation of reports to Senior Management Team, Sub-Committees, Board and meetings as required [and attend where necessary];
20. To act as the day to day lead for all Aeroparcel sales and marketing activity within Kabul and provinces. To provide expert advice on all aspects of sales and the sales process;
21. Work closely with the Development Team to ensure that all forecast programs targets in relation to Aeroparcel sales met;
22. Ensure the delivery of an excellent quality sales service against Key Performance Indicators, which are continually improved and meet the diverse needs of customers;
23. Co-ordinate the setting of the sales and marketing budgets and ensure that these are appropriately monitored against Key Performance Indicators;
24. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information;
25. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
26. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
27. Travel within and outside Afghanistan;
28. Attend business meeting, conferences, and other events within and outside Afghanistan&
29. Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Sales Officer reporting line will be directly to Sales & Marketing Manager of Aeroparcel, Inc.
An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
1. Bachelor in Sales & Marketing with specialization in Sales Management, Master holders will be preferred.
2. Extra diploma in shipping, courier management or operations management is an advantage.
3 year of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in courier and shipping industry is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto languages,
Meeting Sales Goals,
Motivation for Sales
International courier company experience
Good IT & Computing knowledge
Honest, committed, hardworking and open to learn.