|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About British Council Afghanistan:
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
British Council works with schools across the region with the aim of improving learning outcomes for young people in the respective country, UK and across the world. The British Council partners with individuals across countries and globally who share the same ethos and purpose and a good understanding of British Council’s work with school through long engagement with the different programmes delivered by the British Council to support it in achieving this outcome. These individuals are designated as ‘British Council School Ambassador’. This document outlines the selection criteria, deliverables and future engagement options with the British Council School Ambassadors regionally.
Provinces to travel:
Communications Skills, Able to produce summaries of complex documents for a specific audience
Able to create English Language Training content for online publication or for classroom use
Able to manage documents through several drafts with various contributors
Reports disagreement with sensitivity and even-handedness
Understands and applies plain English guidelines
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To co-facilitate and support in the logistical arrangements wherever necessary for workshops on various strands of the Connecting Classrooms.
· Promotion of International School Award and identification of interested and eligible schools for orientation
· To support the schools in implementing International School Award and perform regular monitoring of activities. Engage in school visits for the mid-term and final International School Award assessment where assigned.
· Ensure written feedback is provided to schools on time and school visit report submitted in prescribed format as shared by British Council.
· Prepare a bi-monthly report on the progress of assigned International School Award schools
· To deliver professional development workshops at assigned districts and cascade training's to teachers and assisting schools to find international partners.
· Supporting in the logistics before and during the Professional Development workshops for International School Award schools. Ensuring completion of the Baseline survey and the End course surveys pre and post Core Skill courses.
· Register School teachers on ‘Connecting Classrooms’ website and guide them on effective use of the site as well as trouble shooting.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area